Windows 10: Cant use my PIN

Discus and support Cant use my PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I updated my windows and after my laptop restarted i tried signing in to my computer but it says my PIN is wrong. I tried resetting my PIN by saying I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by renton hierlihy, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Cant use my PIN

I updated my windows and after my laptop restarted i tried signing in to my computer but it says my PIN is wrong. I tried resetting my PIN by saying I forgot it but it says it can’t reach service and my profile can’t be loaded.

:)

renton hierlihy, Mar 17, 2023
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Mar 17, 2023
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 17, 2023
  4. Cant use my PIN

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

Cant use my PIN

1. Cant use my PIN - Similar Threads - Cant PIN

2. Cant log in laptop using pin, cant use gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log in laptop using pin, cant use gmail: I cant log in my laptop using my pin, its not allowing me to type the letter, and i cant access my gmail bcs it has been deleted but i can access it through microsoft email but im not recieving the recovery code email. Please help...
  3. Cant log in laptop using pin, cant use gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant log in laptop using pin, cant use gmail: I cant log in my laptop using my pin, its not allowing me to type the letter, and i cant access my gmail bcs it has been deleted but i can access it through microsoft email but im not recieving the recovery code email. Please help...
  4. Cant find or favorite a folder as the pin to start is not available on new windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant find or favorite a folder as the pin to start is not available on new windows.: I cant pin a folder to favorites like the previous office version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-or-favorite-a-folder-as-the-pin-to-start/5bd4c187-0461-4bf0-b5aa-f8cc72a6aa84
  5. Cant find or favorite a folder as the pin to start is not available on new windows.

Cant find or favorite a folder as the pin to start is not available on new windows.: I cant pin a folder to favorites like the previous office version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-or-favorite-a-folder-as-the-pin-to-start/5bd4c187-0461-4bf0-b5aa-f8cc72a6aa84
  6. I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. says my pin cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. says my pin cant...: I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. It just says that my pin cant be found & to change it . not able to get into laptop at all! So cant access to really do any trouble shooting. Been trying to correct this for weeks. I've tried every...
  7. I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. says my pin cant...

I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. says my pin cant...: I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. It just says that my pin cant be found & to change it . not able to get into laptop at all! So cant access to really do any trouble shooting. Been trying to correct this for weeks. I've tried every...
  8. I keep getting a sign in option to change my pin when I go to sign inn. says my pin cant...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. When trying to sign into a windows account it ask's for my pin but I dont have one and cant...

When trying to sign into a windows account it ask's for my pin but I dont have one and cant...: When trying to sign into a windows account it ask's for my pin but I dont have one and cant change it, I cant change it because the pin in the sign-in options for windows hello is greyed out and says "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation" This is because I...
  10. When trying to sign into a windows account it ask's for my pin but I dont have one and cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to sign into a windows account it ask's for my pin but I dont have one and cant...: When trying to sign into a windows account it ask's for my pin but I dont have one and cant change it, I cant change it because the pin in the sign-in options for windows hello is greyed out and says "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation" This is because I...