Windows 10: Can't use my start menu.

Discus and support Can't use my start menu. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, my start menu is opening and that's all about it. Nothing can be clicked, used, etc. Used this command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewKołodziej, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Can't use my start menu.

Hello there,

my start menu is opening and that's all about it. Nothing can be clicked, used, etc.

Used this command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

But Powershell says "Access is danied.".

What should I do ? Can't use my start menu. 652c015f-2fe2-4a8a-b207-c83cca56a128?upload=true.jpg

:)

AndrewKołodziej, Aug 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Can't use my start menu.

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't use my start menu.

1. Can't use my start menu. - Similar Threads - Can't start menu

2. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Cortana
    I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu: I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu.to give you an example, I have Visual Studio installed and pinned to Start, but if i click start and type "Visual" i get a folder as result, and not actually the shortcut to that app...
  3. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu: I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu.to give you an example, I have Visual Studio installed and pinned to Start, but if i click start and type "Visual" i get a folder as result, and not actually the shortcut to that app...
  4. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't use start menu to search for documents anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't use start menu to search for documents anymore?: Hello I accidentally removed the ability to search for documents using the start menu. I used to be able to do it, by just clicking the start button on the bottom left corner, and then typing in the file name, but now all I get are web results. Is there a fix for this? I...
  6. Can't search anything using Windows Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't search anything using Windows Start menu: Hi, I can't search anything using Windows start. Never had this problem before. It's slowing me down a lot. [ATTACH] Type anything and I'll get nothing on the start menu. Please help! TIA!...
  7. Can't find programs using the start menu search

in Cortana
    Can't find programs using the start menu search: Recently I am no longer able to find any programs using the start menu search, it just gives me things like downloaded files. For example, I can't find the control panel by typing in "control panel"....
  8. I can't use Search in Start Menu

in Cortana
    I can't use Search in Start Menu: Hi, When I open Start Menu and start typing something I get the white block. How I can fix that issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-search-in-start-menu/192fc523-48a4-4654-89b8-e6e9f35c6ebc"
  9. Can't use Run dialog from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't use Run dialog from Start Menu: If I right click on the Start Menu and select Run, I get this error. [img] I checked Group Policy and as far as I can tell, none of the settings that affect Run are configured. Any idea what I can look at/for? 2630
  10. Can't change my start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change my start menu: Hi ever since I had first installed Win10 my start menu has looked like this, [img] I thought nothing of it but my dad's start menu has tiles and things on it and I like it a lot more. But I have NO IDEA how to change it to that. Sometimes when I start windows the start...