Windows 10: can't use new micro usb cable for my controller

Discus and support can't use new micro usb cable for my controller in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so recently i got some new micro usb cables and tried to use them with my xbox controller however everytime i plug in the controller it vibrates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/enaysae, Jan 11, 2020.

1. can't use new micro usb cable for my controller

so recently i got some new micro usb cables and tried to use them with my xbox controller however everytime i plug in the controller it vibrates and then nothing if i hold down the home button it starts flashing and after a while it just stops and nothing changes is there anyway to fix this my controller has no batteries and cannot connect via bluetooth

submitted by /u/enaysae
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/enaysae, Jan 11, 2020

2. Is the Micro USB cable proprietary?

I don't think the cable is proprietary. I use my Kindle's micro-USB cable to charge it by my bedside. I also use my iPhone's USB chargers, so I'm guessing all of them are using standards.

Tofuturkey, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Hi Trey,

Using a micro-USB cable is one way on how you can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows 10 PC. Once connected, it will install the most current drivers needed for your controller. Regarding your concern, have you tried using another micro-USB
    cable? If not, we suggest that you uninstall first the current driver for your Xbox One Controller on your computer, restart, and then connect the controller using another USB cable.
    There's a possibility that it affects the computer to get the correct driver for your controller.

If your Xbox One Controller still treated as the generic controller, we recommend that you manually install the driver by performing the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • Once Device Manager opens, locate and right-click Xbox One Controller.
    • From the menu choose Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller on the list and click
      Next
      to install it. If you can’t locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, you might have to uncheck
      Show compatible hardware option.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, Jan 11, 2020
  4. can't use new micro usb cable for my controller

Is the Micro USB cable proprietary?

I have a ReTrak micro USB cable and my Samsung Focus does not sync or charge from it. Is the cable provided with the phone "special" or is there some spec I need to look for before I purchase another?

Thanks

MOSS

Matthew McDermott, MVP, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

can't use new micro usb cable for my controller

1. can't use new micro usb cable for my controller - Similar Threads - can't micro usb

2. can't connect usb cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't connect usb cable: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-usb-cable/355e352c-e4ad-4728-93d3-98b765cf2df0
  3. can't connect usb cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't connect usb cable: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-usb-cable/355e352c-e4ad-4728-93d3-98b765cf2df0
  4. can't connect usb cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB

My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB: I was playing whilst connecting my controller with a micro USB cable for the past year and it’s been fine. But today I plug it in and it doesn’t work. I’ve tried using my other Xbox controller and also a different wire and port and nothing seems to work.Any assistance would...
  6. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller USB cable problem PC: Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer...
  7. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller USB cable problem PC: Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer...
  8. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC

9. how do I disable micro-disconnect with a fault USB cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I disable micro-disconnect with a fault USB cable: if the title isn't self-explanatory enough, I want some way to have the USB lag a few Milisenconds before so the few moments the USB disconnect it doesn't stop the connection or transfer submitted by /u/KateHanami [link] [comments]...
  10. I am unable to connect my android device using usb tio micro usb cable

I am unable to connect my android device using usb tio micro usb cable: Whenever I connect it does connect to my laptop . I have checked the cable its working fine on other pc but not working on mine * Moved from Community Participation Center...