Windows 10: Can't use old product code to activate Windows on new Dell PC. Store only has Windows...

Discus and support Can't use old product code to activate Windows on new Dell PC. Store only has Windows... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the past, I've only used the HUP Home Use Windows product codes, and I need to install Windows on my new PC.The only version in the Microsoft Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rozg, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Rozg Win User

Can't use old product code to activate Windows on new Dell PC. Store only has Windows...

In the past, I've only used the HUP Home Use Windows product codes, and I need to install Windows on my new PC.The only version in the Microsoft Store is Windows 10/11 Pro, at $199.I only need a simple version for home use, and would rather not spend $199 for something that will not include the update to Windows 11.Is there anything I can do?Thank you.

:)

2. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Oct 18, 2021
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Can't use old product code to activate Windows on new Dell PC. Store only has Windows...

Windows 10 product code activation issue

Had pre-installed Windows 10 on new PC, but preferred to swap out the new drive with my old Windows 10 Pro drive into the new PC.

Would not activate through Troubleshooting process when selecting the option relating to hardware replacement.

Assuming there was some kind of product code mismatch on MB vs HD - not sure.

Two calls to tech support told me to enter my product code for my old Windows 7 Pro - that should work - it did not.

Second call tech was very sympathetic to my problem and persistant.

She got into my PC, could not "fix" it, but gave me a new Windows 10 Pro product code, installed, and activated.

Thanks for the help!

TheNoelkes, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

Can't use old product code to activate Windows on new Dell PC. Store only has Windows...

1. Can't use old product code to activate Windows on new Dell PC. Store only has Windows... - Similar Threads - Can't old product

2. will windows activate if my old pc has windows 10 pro activate will it activate on a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will windows activate if my old pc has windows 10 pro activate will it activate on a new...: My old dell desktop pc is windows 10 pro and it is activated it is a retail version. I ordered a new gaming pc and it comes with windows 11 pro but unactivated if I log in to my new gaming pc with my old windows 10 pro Microsoft account, will it have my new gaming pc already...
  3. will windows activate if my old pc has windows 10 pro activate will it activate on a new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will windows activate if my old pc has windows 10 pro activate will it activate on a new...: My old dell desktop pc is windows 10 pro and it is activated it is a retail version. I ordered a new gaming pc and it comes with windows 11 pro but unactivated if I log in to my new gaming pc with my old windows 10 pro Microsoft account, will it have my new gaming pc already...
  4. I recently built a new PC but can't activate windows, it says that the product key has...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I recently built a new PC but can't activate windows, it says that the product key has...: Hi,I recently built a new PC but I can't activate windows. An error pops up when I try to activate windows, telling me that the product key has been used elsewhere. I've tried to troubleshoot it but it results in nothing....
  5. I recently built a new PC but can't activate windows, it says that the product key has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently built a new PC but can't activate windows, it says that the product key has...: Hi,I recently built a new PC but I can't activate windows. An error pops up when I try to activate windows, telling me that the product key has been used elsewhere. I've tried to troubleshoot it but it results in nothing....
  6. I recently built a new PC but can't activate windows, it says that the product key has...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't use old product code to activate Windows on new Dell PC. Store only has Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use old product code to activate Windows on new Dell PC. Store only has Windows...: In the past, I've only used the HUP Home Use Windows product codes, and I need to install Windows on my new PC.The only version in the Microsoft Store is Windows 10/11 Pro, at $199.I only need a simple version for home use, and would rather not spend $199 for something that...
  8. Can't use old product code to activate Windows on new Dell PC. Store only has Windows...

Can't use old product code to activate Windows on new Dell PC. Store only has Windows...: In the past, I've only used the HUP Home Use Windows product codes, and I need to install Windows on my new PC.The only version in the Microsoft Store is Windows 10/11 Pro, at $199.I only need a simple version for home use, and would rather not spend $199 for something that...
  9. Using an old Windows 10 product key for a new PC build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using an old Windows 10 product key for a new PC build: I got a laptop 2 years ago that came with windows 10 on it. Juice spilled on it, and now it's broken. Won't turn on or light up even when plugged in. Is there an easy way I can recover my Windows 10 product key from it, or does Microsoft prevent you from doing this? I would...
  10. Can't activate windows after using my old hardrive in a new PC

Can't activate windows after using my old hardrive in a new PC: I built a PC about 6 months ago, but when I put the hardrive from my old refurbished laptop into the pc, windows wouldn't activate. It asked for a code, which I did not have since it was either A. a refurb and didn't come with one or B. I got the laptop about 3-4 years ago...