Windows 10: can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10)

Discus and support can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, I always used the photo viewer as the default viewer for all types of images. windows photos is garbage, i mean, using the scroll wheel for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rafael_adamy, Oct 22, 2018.

1. can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10)

hi, I always used the photo viewer as the default viewer for all types of images. windows photos is garbage, i mean, using the scroll wheel for switching to the next image instead of zooming? button to see the image's original size hidden in a menu?? what in heaven? not to mention that Photos is way slower than the previous photo viewer, and they do basically the same thing, how is that?

anyways, the point is that every time I had a clean install of windows, I did the same thing, that registry entry trick to re enable photo viewer, and then opening an image as... and selecting photo viewer as default for that kind of file. but now it doesn't work anymore, only programs like paint 3d and what not will be allowed as the default viewer for images, photo viewer doesn't work anymore. I can open the images with it, just not open with it by default. what the heck?

:)

rafael_adamy, Oct 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Set Windows Photo Viewer as default to open photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set window photo viewer as default and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Control Panel and under View by change it to
      Small Icons.

• Click on Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs

• Click on Windows Photo Viewer from the Left pane and click on
      Choose Defaults for this program.

• Select all the formats available from the list and click on
      Save and click Ok.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 22, 2018
  4. can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10)

Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10)

1. can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10) - Similar Threads - can't photo viewer

2. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer: My photos are resizing automatically. I have photos saved to an external drive. When I view a single photo from the drive the photo shows at the size it was saved. However if I access the drive through explorer to view all of the photos in the file they start resizing after 2...
  3. Can't set Imageglass as default photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set Imageglass as default photo viewer: I am trying to set Imageglass as my default photo viewer. When I go to the default app section and select photo imageglass doesn't come up as an option. Is there any other way to set a default image viewer?...
  4. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo viewer: Can this piece of literal shit get any worse? Most notable issues: - Random massive memory leaks which consume your system's entire memory and grinds everything to a halt unless you realize what's going on quickly enough and force close it. - Literally can't handle opening...
  5. Win 10 Photo viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Photo viewer: Win 10 Photo Viewer/Editor works ONLY when Onedrive is "turned-on". Photo V./Editor switches on the goes to a green screen w/various error msg.'s .. Why do I need Onedrive on and the "Sync" service on in order to keep Photo Viewer/Editor keep operating as "usual"; as when I...
  6. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...
  7. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  8. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  9. Win 10 Photo viewer not working

Win 10 Photo viewer not working: I don't know what happened but for the past week or so the Win 10 Photo Viewer App has quit working. I've done a search on this and it seems like others are having the same problem. I've tried resetting the app, no luck, tried the troubleshooter, no luck, I even uninstalled...
  10. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812