Windows 10: Can't use pin,locked out of pc

Discus and support Can't use pin,locked out of pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Microsoft Windows PC has a notice up on my screen that says something happened in your PIN isn't available click to set up your PIN again and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Laura McDowell, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Can't use pin,locked out of pc

My Microsoft Windows PC has a notice up on my screen that says something happened in your PIN isn't available click to set up your PIN again and when I click to set up my pin it does nothing but tell me that it doesn't allow me to set up a pen so I am locked out of it how can I bypass that please help

:)

Laura McDowell, Aug 15, 2022

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Security within Outlook on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• What is the make and model of the computer? If you are using a Desktop, please help us with the make and model of the keyboard.
    • Have you enabled PIN to sign in to the computer? If yes, are you facing any issues with PIN sign in?

In the meantime, you can follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

I suggest you to check if the NUM lock key is on or not. If not, please press it to turn on NUM lock and try entering the PIN.

Method 1: Using On-Screen keyboard.

You can try using the On-Screen keyboard and see if the issue persists. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type osk and click on OK.
    3. Once opened, please use it to type the PIN.

Method 2: Disable PIN.

I suggest you to disable PIN set up and then check if the issue persists. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Account.
    3. Click on Sign-in options.
    4. Under PIN, click on Remove.
    5. Enter the password to confirm that you want to remove the
      PIN.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Can't use pin,locked out of pc

can not enter lock screen PIN

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are unable to enter PIN on lock screen.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• Are you able to enter password to login?

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Step1: Boot your system in safe mode.

Refer:

Start your PC in safe mode in
    Windows 10

If you are able to boot into safe mode update display drivers.

Step 2:
    Update display drivers.

a. Press Windows + X, Click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand Display
    Adapters

c. Check if the name of the graphic card is the list.

d. Right click on the Display Adapter’s name and click
    Update.

e. You may reinstall the drivers from Computer Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Can't use pin,locked out of pc

1. Can't use pin,locked out of pc - Similar Threads - Can't pin locked

2. Can't change pin and locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change pin and locked out of my computer: Hi, I am currently trying to login into my old pc, I cannot change the pin even when I press 'I forgot my PIN' I have tried factory resetting it and it won't work. Any other ways to either reset my pc or login?...
  3. Can't change pin and locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change pin and locked out of my computer: Hi, I am currently trying to login into my old pc, I cannot change the pin even when I press 'I forgot my PIN' I have tried factory resetting it and it won't work. Any other ways to either reset my pc or login?...
  4. Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password: On a Windows 11 computer, I've been using my PIN to enter the login screen.Now the PIN data entry box is gone: There is a key pad icon under the "Sign-in options", but when I click it, the system asks me for my password "Want to sign in faster...enter your password to setup...
  5. Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password

Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password: On a Windows 11 computer, I've been using my PIN to enter the login screen.Now the PIN data entry box is gone: There is a key pad icon under the "Sign-in options", but when I click it, the system asks me for my password "Want to sign in faster...enter your password to setup...
  6. Locked out of laptop, can't remember pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of laptop, can't remember pin: When I click for other options and try to sign in using my account password it wants to send me a code through an email I haven't used in years. I am trying to change the backup email to another but it said I have to wait till January the 23rd and I would like to get into my...
  7. Locked out of laptop, can't remember pin

Locked out of laptop, can't remember pin: When I click for other options and try to sign in using my account password it wants to send me a code through an email I haven't used in years. I am trying to change the backup email to another but it said I have to wait till January the 23rd and I would like to get into my...
  8. Can't use pin,locked out of pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use pin,locked out of pc: My Microsoft Windows PC has a notice up on my screen that says something happened in your PIN isn't available click to set up your PIN again and when I click to set up my pin it does nothing but tell me that it doesn't allow me to set up a pen so I am locked out of it how can...
  9. Can't use pin,locked out of pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't use pin,locked out of pc: My Microsoft Windows PC has a notice up on my screen that says something happened in your PIN isn't available click to set up your PIN again and when I click to set up my pin it does nothing but tell me that it doesn't allow me to set up a pen so I am locked out of it how can...
  10. Locked out of Admin Account. Can't Use PC at All.

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out of Admin Account. Can't Use PC at All.: So the other day I noticed my only account on my laptop had lost administrator privileges. I looked up how to fix this and went about doing. I booted into "safe mode with command prompt" but that realized I didnt need that, just regular safe mode. I turned off my laptop, and...