Windows 10: Can't use Professional key because I have Enterprise

Discus and support Can't use Professional key because I have Enterprise in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my PC, and the key I have bought takes me to the error code 0x80070057, with the message "Something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DeathofaGamer, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Can't use Professional key because I have Enterprise

I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my PC, and the key I have bought takes me to the error code 0x80070057, with the message "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try again." attached. I have waited a few minutes, and have been connected to the internet, it won't work.

I tried to downgrade from Enterprise to Pro for the key to work. This lead me to a guide that got me to change my registry and use the Windows Tool to install Professional. After two attempts of installing Professional, I am still stuck with Enterprise. I still have the same error, and I have no way converting. Is there anyway of removing Enterprise and getting Pro instead that I am unaware of? Should I just refund my key and buy an Enterprise key instead that will work? What is the difference between the two anyway?

submitted by /u/DeathofaGamer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DeathofaGamer, Jun 21, 2020

2. Activate windows 10 enterprise evaluation with windows 10 professional key

Thanks a lot for the reply.

So you suggest that I buy a professional license and then call the support to help me apply that key to the "Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation"?

BrickfieldP, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Can I enter a windows 10 professional key on a windows 10 enterprise that is installed?

Just wondering what is the main difference between the enterprise and professional?

I have seen it is possible to purchase a key for the enterprise.

beetlejuice_1005, Jun 21, 2020
  4. bl4kh4k Win User

Can't use Professional key because I have Enterprise

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise with key

I know there are ways to downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Window 10 Professional with suggestions like this here: Is there a way to downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

However, I'm wondering if its just easier to enter a license key! Are there any ramifications to just entering a new license key into Windows 10 and then rebooting to activate Pro and leave Enterprise?

Also I'm aware of Enterprise being installed for a reason due to being installed by IT from a company in question however... doesn't apply here.

bl4kh4k, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Can't use Professional key because I have Enterprise

1. Can't use Professional key because I have Enterprise - Similar Threads - Can't Professional key

2. it says i have windows ten enterprise and it says i cant activate because:

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    it says i have windows ten enterprise and it says i cant activate because:: We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organizations network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organization's support person. Error...
  3. it says i have windows ten enterprise and it says i cant activate because:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it says i have windows ten enterprise and it says i cant activate because:: We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organizations network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organization's support person. Error...
  4. it says i have windows ten enterprise and it says i cant activate because:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key not being applied during installation of VS 2022 Professional or Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key not being applied during installation of VS 2022 Professional or Enterprise: Product key not being applied during installation of VS 2022 Professional or Enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-not-being-applied-during-installation/119fc1aa-b946-419f-a69d-cd6d1323c9e0
  6. Product key not being applied during installation of VS 2022 Professional or Enterprise

Product key not being applied during installation of VS 2022 Professional or Enterprise: Product key not being applied during installation of VS 2022 Professional or Enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-not-being-applied-during-installation/119fc1aa-b946-419f-a69d-cd6d1323c9e0
  7. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional: HI, Due to some inconvenience while using Windows 10 Professional, I want to use Windows 8.1 Professional. 1. Can I use the Windows 10 Professional product key to activate & use Windows 8.1 Professional? 2. As I have already purchased Windows 10 Professional License,...
  8. Activate windows 10 enterprise evaluation with windows 10 professional key

Activate windows 10 enterprise evaluation with windows 10 professional key: I installed windows 10 enterprise evaluation on my machine and want to activate it now with windows 10 professional key (As enterprise license only comes with bulk licensing) As I have already done complete installations so I don't want to do a clean install and want to...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key: Hi, Hoping someone can give me a proper and definitive answer on this as there are multiple conflicting answers. 1. Can you upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 Professional using a Windows 7 professional Key ? 2. Can you install windows 10 Pro and activate it...
  10. CCleaner Not Showing Professional Title After Using Key

CCleaner Not Showing Professional Title After Using Key: Hey guys, CCleaner Not Showing Professional Title After Using Key I saw on google it should be look like this [img] but I saw on my laptop its looking like this [img] How to fix it ? Regards. 60591