Windows 10: Can't Use Search Bar and Auto-Scrolling on Settings Window

Discus and support Can't Use Search Bar and Auto-Scrolling on Settings Window in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I just recovered my system from a bad RAM which majorly messed up my PC with BSODs. I tried reinstalling Windows 10 through the Upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RoyMacasaet, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Can't Use Search Bar and Auto-Scrolling on Settings Window

Hi guys,

I just recovered my system from a bad RAM which majorly messed up my PC with BSODs.

I tried reinstalling Windows 10 through the Upgrade this PC feature but some issues remain.

For one, I can't use the search bar. Whenever I type something, it just closes immediately. Also, when I click on something like Settings or the Power Button, it does the same thing where it just closes immediately.

Another issue I've been having is whenever I open a Settings window like Troubleshoot, it auto scrolls down or just clicks everywhere.

I will attach a video for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PboDO8LU9gI

Big thanks to anyone that can help!

:)

RoyMacasaet, Jul 10, 2020

2. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

Can't Use Search Bar and Auto-Scrolling on Settings Window tpu.png

anticlutch, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - how can i change the size of the scroll bar ? it used to be under properties but not on Windows 10

Hi Teroi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Which application’s or program’s scroll bar are you referring to?

• What was the exact steps that you used to change the size of scroll bar in your previous OS version?

The size of the scroll bar cannot be altered as it is inbuilt with the Windows Operating System.

I suggest you to share the details, so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Pedr Win User

Can't Use Search Bar and Auto-Scrolling on Settings Window

Scroll bar on main menu scrolls straight to last item

When I click on the scroll bar of the main windows menu (bottom left button) and start to scroll down, the scrolling then continues automatically to the last item on the list so that I can't access the others. It is as if gravity has taken charge! There is no problem with scroll bars in web windows or in Excel. I think the same problem was happening in Word last week but it is not today. I have tried following various recommended fixes including a clean boot, running Windows defender scan and switching off some mouse functions. I am no computer expert so it is possible I have perforemd all these actions correctly. Nothing has solved the problem. I've also tried a different mouse.
    Any suggestions as to what is the cause of the problem and how I might fix it would be very much appreciated. The graphics card is fairly ancient: could this be the problem?

Thema:

Can't Use Search Bar and Auto-Scrolling on Settings Window

1. Can't Use Search Bar and Auto-Scrolling on Settings Window - Similar Threads - Can't Search Bar

2. PC auto scrolling in windows settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC auto scrolling in windows settings: When I open windows settings it is automatically selecting or scrolling to the bottom most options, as if I were holding the down arrow. This initially started while I was playing Forza but it still happens after I closed the game, unplugged my controller and re opened...
  3. Can't use search bar or access windows settings after update KB5011487

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use search bar or access windows settings after update KB5011487: Hi, I can't type into the search bar or access Windows settings after update KB5011487. If I try to access windows settings it starts up for a second, flashes a few times and then shuts down. I've tried restarting windows search in services.msc. No luck there.I've tried...
  4. Can't use search bar or access windows settings after update KB5011487

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't use search bar or access windows settings after update KB5011487: Hi, I can't type into the search bar or access Windows settings after update KB5011487. If I try to access windows settings it starts up for a second, flashes a few times and then shuts down. I've tried restarting windows search in services.msc. No luck there.I've tried...
  5. Auto crashing search bar

Auto crashing search bar: Hello. Yes my new pc buy didnt fare so well as i hoped. The unstable internet is something that must be solved. It disconnects usually once per hour. But it is the browser (chrome) which is noticing this first. Downloads with torrents and other software can go unaffected,...
  6. Can't use Search Bar.

Can't use Search Bar.: I can't use the search bar and some search feature in file explorer on my laptop. But in my desktop I can use the search bar beside the start button and everything. Version 2004. submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments]...
  7. CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.

CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.: I can't use the search bar or even search anything on my laptop. But on my desktop I can use the search bar on the Windows. Version 2004 submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx9pgy/cant_use_search_bar/
  8. Can't use Start or Search Bar

in Cortana
    Can't use Start or Search Bar: Had the issue for 2-3 days now, when i type into the search bar it closes after 1 letter and if i try to click anything in the start menu it flashes and closes. I had similar problem trying to use the windows help service where i couldn't open the options to select my...
  9. 2 Scroll bars (not auto hiding)

2 Scroll bars (not auto hiding): Hi, So I was trying to fix some problems with windows and I downloaded windows 7 x64 SP1, and tried to install it on windows 10, it failed obviously (figured out later) and during the installation a few cmd windows popped up and then a failed message appeared, and now I have...
  10. auto scrolling when i hover the scroll bar on chrome.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto scrolling when i hover the scroll bar on chrome.: so this problem only seems to happen in chrome. whenever i hover over the bottom side of the scroll bar it will auto scroll down. it does not happen when i hover the top half. fairly annoying when im tabbing back and forth from videos to games and such. any help is...