Windows 10: Can't use Search Bar.

Discus and support Can't use Search Bar. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't use the search bar and some search feature in file explorer on my laptop. But in my desktop I can use the search bar beside the start button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Michael_NSD, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Can't use Search Bar.

I can't use the search bar and some search feature in file explorer on my laptop. But in my desktop I can use the search bar beside the start button and everything.

Version 2004.

submitted by /u/Michael_NSD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Michael_NSD, Jun 5, 2020

2. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 6, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Can't use Search Bar.

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't use Search Bar.

1. Can't use Search Bar. - Similar Threads - Can't Search Bar

2. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  3. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  4. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  5. Can't search in the Windows bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't search in the Windows bar.: So for the past couple weeks I've been having this problem where when I search in the bar it just goes grey. I've fixed it a few times using different strategies but it always comes back. Are there any permanent solutions? submitted by /u/2noob4u_ [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar

in Cortana
    Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar: Normally, when I press the Windows key and type something in the search bar which is not the name of a local file and press Enter, I would be able to search the web for that thing. However, for some reasons, I can't do that now. See screen shot below. I have searched Google...
  7. CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.: I can't use the search bar or even search anything on my laptop. But on my desktop I can use the search bar on the Windows. Version 2004 submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx9pgy/cant_use_search_bar/
  8. unable to use search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to use search bar: Search bar does not work after windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-search-bar/9cc6374a-a5fb-417d-b97d-c369b732db06
  9. Can't use Start or Search Bar

in Cortana
    Can't use Start or Search Bar: Had the issue for 2-3 days now, when i type into the search bar it closes after 1 letter and if i try to click anything in the start menu it flashes and closes. I had similar problem trying to use the windows help service where i couldn't open the options to select my...
  10. Can't use search bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't use search bar in File Explorer: Hi, I've found an issue with File Explorer in Win version 1909. The search bar freezes and cannot be used. Very annoying indeed. Referenced also here: https://www.slashgear.com/windows-10-version-1909-november-2019-update-breaks-file-explorer-search-25601307/ Anyone...