Windows 10: Cant use search or taskbar and white boarder selecting everything like im holding tab

Discus and support Cant use search or taskbar and white boarder selecting everything like im holding tab in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sirgloopinbopin [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sirgloopinbopin, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Cant use search or taskbar and white boarder selecting everything like im holding tab

/u/sirgloopinbopin, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Search and taskbar keeps popping up

Hi Sazmo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design.

However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Cant use search or taskbar and white boarder selecting everything like im holding tab

Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Cant use search or taskbar and white boarder selecting everything like im holding tab

1. Cant use search or taskbar and white boarder selecting everything like im holding tab - Similar Threads - Cant search taskbar

2. The search dialog is white but everything else including the search BAR on the taskbar is dark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The search dialog is white but everything else including the search BAR on the taskbar is dark.: I have tried restarting my PC, changing old personalization settings and uninstalling latest updates, but it did not help. I also could not find "WhiteSearchBox" in my registry....
  3. The search dialog is white but everything else including the search BAR on the taskbar is dark.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The search dialog is white but everything else including the search BAR on the taskbar is dark.: I have tried restarting my PC, changing old personalization settings and uninstalling latest updates, but it did not help. I also could not find "WhiteSearchBox" in my registry....
  4. The search dialog is white but everything else including the search BAR on the taskbar is dark.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows keeps selecting clickable things as if I'm holding tab

Windows keeps selecting clickable things as if I'm holding tab: This problem started a few months ago, and whenever I went to a windows software it would just act like I was holding tab and it was just moving to clickable things which didn't allow me to select anything. This also happens whenever I try to choose networks in the bottom...
  6. My settings keeps adding a white border to everything, almost like it's spamming tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings keeps adding a white border to everything, almost like it's spamming tab: I've been having this issue for about a year now and nothing I've ever tried has worked, every time I try to look the issue up it's about a different topic. Now the problem is whenever I try to access the hot bar or a type of windows app like the settings, and Microsoft...
  7. My settings keeps adding a white border to everything, almost like it's spamming tab

My settings keeps adding a white border to everything, almost like it's spamming tab: I've been having this issue for about a year now and nothing I've ever tried has worked, every time I try to look the issue up it's about a different topic. Now the problem is whenever I try to access the hot bar or a type of windows app like the settings, and Microsoft...
  8. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

in Cortana
    when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up: so when I open the search bar it will act like I'm holding my up key. when i restart my pc it will stop but after I'm dun gaming and I go to tern my pc of it just scrolls to the top...
  9. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up: so when I open the search bar it will act like I'm holding my up key. when i restart my pc it will stop but after I'm dun gaming and I go to tern my pc of it just scrolls to the top...
  10. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up