Windows 10: Can't use search

Discus and support Can't use search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an incredibly annoying bug right now where I can't use the search functionality of Windows 10. When I press the start menu, and start typing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stardust342, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Can't use search

I have an incredibly annoying bug right now where I can't use the search functionality of Windows 10. When I press the start menu, and start typing, nothing happens. When I enable the search bar on the taskbar, I can't type anything in to it.
    Thank you for any help.

Update: If I create a new account, the search works, but still doesn't work on my primary account.

:)

stardust342, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Can't use search box properly

Hi,

If you're having trouble with using the Cortana search box, you can try the following troubleshooting steps in this
    article to help resolve the issue.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jul 29, 2015
  3. PJDaug Win User
    Can't use search box properly

Hi! I would like to ask a help from you, I cant use my search box. When I search other applications like "services" it will display but if I click it won't open. If I right click my windows startup menu nothing happens also. I hope you can help me with
    this. Thanks!
    Can't use search [​IMG]

Can't use search [​IMG]

Can't use search [​IMG]

PJDaug, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Can't use search

1. Can't use search - Similar Threads - Can't search

2. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  3. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  4. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  6. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  7. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?: I recently switched from windows 10 to windows 11 and after the update, my search function either only finds mor recent files or none at all. For example in these pictures: I am trying to find a file called "Explosion croma key green screen" which i am certain i have because...
  9. Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?

Why can't my Windows 11 File search find basic files?: I recently switched from windows 10 to windows 11 and after the update, my search function either only finds mor recent files or none at all. For example in these pictures: I am trying to find a file called "Explosion croma key green screen" which i am certain i have because...
  10. I can't access my windows account, the settings and the search bar.

I can't access my windows account, the settings and the search bar.: Hello, i have been running into a problem recently, i can't access my windows account and the search bar and windows button don't work either. i tried using shortcuts but with no results therefore i can't access any of my files. And everytime i want to open an online document...