Windows 10: Can't use Spartan with UAC disabled

Discus and support Can't use Spartan with UAC disabled in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Spartan is unusable if UAC is disabled. Makes it useless to me and probably many others. [img] 5164 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ztruker, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

Can't use Spartan with UAC disabled

Spartan is unusable if UAC is disabled. Makes it useless to me and probably many others.

Can't use Spartan with UAC disabled [​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Apr 2, 2015
  2. BumSkull Win User

If the feedback app can't be made work without UAC then I need to know how you remove it before we give anyone 10 in our environment.

<Original title: Windows Feedback APP>

Why can't you use this app with UAC disabled? UAC is fully disabled on my domain for many reasons, i don't want this thread going in the wrong direction about why its disabled it just is so leave it at that. UAC is not for everyone.

So because we must have UAC disabled we can't even give feedback? The Settings app works without it so why can't others?

If the feedback app can't be made work without UAC then I need to know how you remove it before we give anyone 10 in our environment.

We only use the enterprise LTSB edition so there is no store for users to install any other apps that might run into this issue.

BumSkull, Apr 2, 2015
  3. Properties under contextual menu

i found the solution

- disable UAC

- restart pc

but i have other problem ; store and applications can't launched when UAC disabled

how i can solve that?

i think you know exactly where is the problem

seghier khaled, Apr 2, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

I'm just curious, why don't you want to use UAC?
    I have always used all Windows safety/security features as they were integrated over the years.
    I mean, the only reason I have, to upgrade, to Windows 10, is for security reasons in the coming years. I have Windows 7 for my laptop(Rock Solid) and Windows 8.1 for my desktop(still my favorite Windows to date), but being that 10 is supposed to be the last "version", and everything thereafter will be a rolling release, for me it's a must.

Cliff S, Apr 2, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I don't want the constant Are you sure popups, plus an older program I use called Object Rexx (from IBM XP days) doesn't work right with UAC enabled. I use lots os Rexx scripts to do different things and it would be a real chore to convert them to VB or PowerShell scripts.

UAC disabled also prevents me from using the App store though that is no loss as I've never seen anything there I wanted to try.

My computer, my choice.

Ztruker, Apr 2, 2015
  6. rfruth Win User
    I like UAC (probably don't need it for what I do), finally Msoft has my back ! But no UAC no Spartan is scary !

rfruth, Apr 2, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Where I can, on my installed programs(i.e. Ccleaner & UltraSearch), I tick the turn off UAC warnings, so I can understand. Plus when you have other security options in place it's not a trade off. What nerves me since is SmartScreen intergration into the desktop. If I download a program installer from another PC to a USB then use the installer without an internet connection on another PC, I get the windows cannot connect to the internet to SmartScreen check thi application--install anyhow message. Of course I want to install.*Devil

Cliff S, Apr 2, 2015
  8. George Win User

I also have an older program that required it to run with the UAC off. Someone on this site taught me that I could create an "elevated" shortcut to the program that allowed the UAC slider to remain where I chose. I use this technique for a couple of programs, and it has worked like a charm through several WIN10 iterations. Might work for you?
    And thanks to whoever posted that originally (embarrassed I don't remember who *Redface ).

George, Apr 2, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    You can lower the slider to get rid of the prompts.

Spartan is an "App Store" App, so you now have found one you want to try. As I mentioned in another message, more and more functionality will be moved to "App Store" apps in the coming releases of Windows, so you should either give up and stay on Windows 7 or figure out a way to move forward in the new order.

As for Object Rexx, it was written in the old days before security vulnerabilities like Shatter were around. And since IBM is unlikely to update it, you may be stuck either running it in virtualization or moving to something else. Powershell is far more powerful than Rexx ever was.

Mystere, Apr 2, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    Actually, upon further research, I'm finding that Obejct Rexx seems to work fine with UAC if you install it correctly. It has to be installed as a service to run as a standard user. Also there may be some security tweaking necessary, but nothing strange.

What specific problems did you have with Object Rexx that you think requires UAC to be turned off?

By the way, you may find this article helpful. It describes what UAC does, and how to solve some of the annoyances (primarily the third option, as option 2 isn't really relevant anymore).

http://www.zdnet.com/article/fixing-...-2-taming-uac/

UAC is something you are going to have to accept, or stay with old versions of Windows. It's not going away, and will become increasingly difficult to use without it.

Mystere, Apr 2, 2015
  11. George Win User
    You may not have to change anything except to modify your shortcut. This neat little program from Winaero is called Elevatedshortcut. Run it, select the shortcut to modify, then delete the Elevatedshortcut program and the old shortcut. You may have to change the program to run as admin, but it probably already is.

George, Apr 2, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    ObjectRexx runs with UAC enabled but it always launches a 2nd command prompt window rather than run in the command prompt window it's launched in. I'll try it for awhile and see if it's useable.

Playing with Spartan now, not impressed.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't use Spartan with UAC disabled - Similar Threads - Can't Spartan UAC

2. Disable UAC using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable UAC using powershell: Hi team, I have a script that runs via task scheduler for the script to run it has to open powershell as adminso the issue is when the script runs during the schedule, there is a popup that wants the user to click ok to open powershell as adminis there a script that i can add...
  3. Disable UAC using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable UAC using powershell: Hi team, I have a script that runs via task scheduler for the script to run it has to open powershell as adminso the issue is when the script runs during the schedule, there is a popup that wants the user to click ok to open powershell as adminis there a script that i can add...
  4. Disable UAC using powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disabling UAC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling UAC: I just disabled UAC because “Rockstar Games Launcher” always gave me a notification about making changes to the pc and I always had to accept it. It got kinda annoying because it showed always when I launched GTA V. I disabled the UAC completely but now I’m kinda scared that...
  6. Disable UAC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable UAC: How do I log in as administrator on my personal laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-uac/a491df47-4ce9-4534-aeee-5be6de4c1b37
  7. Disable UAC using the registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable UAC using the registry: Disable UAC using the registry The instructions are as follows: Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE >Microsoft > Windows >CurrentVersion > Policies >System. On the right pane find the EnableLUA. Right-click on it and selectModify. Set the DWORD value data to0, and...
  8. Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify): It's easy to do Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials (Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account = Enabled). It works for a few reboots. Then it's magically back to Disabled (and action center says "You must...
  9. UAC popups even when uac is disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC popups even when uac is disabled: As always the first thing i do on a windows installation is disable that damn UAC, i don't need windows to add another popup "are you sure you want to run this" when i myself click on an executable to run it. Now, for some weird reason on Windows 10, even with uac disabled it...
  10. Disable UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable UAC: With the earlier builds, I had UAC disabled in the registry( just as I do for my host machine Windows 8.0 Pro) and everything worked fine. It was in your sister forum eightforums tutorial that I learned how to disable UAC in Windows 8. I also use Start8 and Windowblinds on...