Windows 10: Cant Use System Restore

Discus and support Cant Use System Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i tried to create a restore point in System Restore. i had previously created a restore point before but it wasnt showing it there. i tried creating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Siddhant_Mashalkar, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Cant Use System Restore

i tried to create a restore point in System Restore. i had previously created a restore point before but it wasnt showing it there. i tried creating restore point again but it gave me this error:

Cant Use System Restore d701b36a-ae09-4f82-9e4f-e25dd64755e5?upload=true.png

:)

Siddhant_Mashalkar, Apr 4, 2021

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 4, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

Cant Use System Restore

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CCant Use System Restore :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CCant Use System Restore :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Cant Use System Restore

1. Cant Use System Restore - Similar Threads - Cant System Restore

2. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the use of System Restore?: What is the use of system restore? What are the benefits? And is it worth creating a restore point? I read that disabling it may increase the performance of my SSD....
  3. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the use of System Restore?: What is the use of system restore? What are the benefits? And is it worth creating a restore point? I read that disabling it may increase the performance of my SSD....
  4. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem using System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem using System Restore: himy System Restore just keeps on searching drives and i can not make a restore point of C:how can i fix it ?thank you so much[Original Title: System Restore] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-system-restore/a8cf5572-0ba5-4cb5-be77-402fa5aa2518
  6. Cant restore system factory settings.

Cant restore system factory settings.: So my laptop generaly doesnt work great but its oke. but for school I had to install pro tools wich I did but it didnt work so I reinstalled it twice to see of i did something wrong but the same problem occured. up until that time i only had minor problems like bloated drives...
  7. Use System Image restore

Use System Image restore: I had done a fresh install around middle of May. Kept MS out of it during install. Result was Administrator Account which I later hid, Me as Administrator local, Tester local, and Me with MS account. Setup backups and SR and C as system, D as programs, and E as data. A few...
  8. Cant restore system image.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant restore system image.: I just got a new pc but it's not letting me restore my old system image that I had from my other computer. I can get into windows fine but it's not letting me restore the image. It says the image was created on a computer using bios and this one is using efi. How can I get...
  9. Restore System using restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore System using restore point: Hello, Had to use a recent restore point. Started the restore, made a list what will be affected, and it started. After waiting about 25 minutes I got an error notice that restore was not succesful because of anti virus (?). The only antivirus on my system is windows...
  10. Cant system restore

Cant system restore: I cant get system restore to work I get 2 different error codes depending on how i start the system restore. I get error code 0x8007045b (which i know is a registry error) if i start the restore from the main recovery option, and i get error code 0x80070003 (Which i know is...