Windows 10: Can't use the microphone included with my headphones?

Discus and support Can't use the microphone included with my headphones? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I'm on a new-ish dell laptop (windows 10), and whenver I plug in headphones (audiojack) that have a microphone, the mic is never detected by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AEB20, Dec 24, 2018.

1. AEB20 Win User

Can't use the microphone included with my headphones?

Hi.

I'm on a new-ish dell laptop (windows 10), and whenver I plug in headphones (audiojack) that have a microphone, the mic is never detected by the computer. I've never had this issue with other computers (Mac). I don't know what else to say other than that I've looked everywhere and I can't find a solution to the problem. Settings has no option to change or search for inputs, only speech recognition. Ironically, there's an icon right next to the audiojack of a pair of headphones with a microphone, even though the type of headset displayed wouln't work with the computer. Is it taunting me? Who knows.

Thanks

P.S. no, the audio and recording trouble shooter doesn't work, because my headphones don't even appear as an option to troubleshoot.

:)

AEB20, Dec 24, 2018
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Can't use the microphone included with my headphones? [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Salvyar Win User
    Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Dec 24, 2018
  4. AliseReid Win User

Headphones, microphone issue.

The device is the default and I have updated the drivers. They say they are up to date. I'll answer your questions below.

• Are you getting any error message?
      • No error messages.
    • When did the issue start? It started last month sometime.
      • It goes in and out of doing what I want it to.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to the issue?
      • No changes were made.
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
      • Yes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you d so far?
      • I have tried updating drivers, setting defaults, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, changing headphones, turning off the microphone, changing the settings in Realtek Manager.

I've tried a lot of stuff without any luck. I'm not sure what the issue is.

AliseReid, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't use the microphone included with my headphones? - Similar Threads - Can't microphone included

2. can't use my headphones on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't use my headphones on my laptop: Split from this thread.Why is it I can't use my headphones on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-my-headphones-on-my-laptop/1ff6b3c5-5cce-45a2-b4da-7cb9325e3a22
  3. can't use my headphones on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't use my headphones on my laptop: Split from this thread.Why is it I can't use my headphones on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-my-headphones-on-my-laptop/1ff6b3c5-5cce-45a2-b4da-7cb9325e3a22
  4. can't use my headphones on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones.

My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones.: I have a pair of Apple Earbuds headphones with a microphone and a 3.5mm jack and an MSI GT75 Titan. When I plug the headphones into the "headphone" jack, I can hear sound through them instead of the onboard speakers, but when I plug them into the microphone jack, my laptop...
  6. Use headphone microphone under Windows?

Use headphone microphone under Windows?: Morning to all So I want to talk in meetings (GoToMeeting) over my headphone microphone. But it is not shown there, only my laptop microphone is shown, how do I change that? I can't find anything under the Windows settings TIA Kopfhörermikrofon unter Windows verwenden?
  7. Can't use the microphone with my headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use the microphone with my headset: Hello all, recently I bought a new headset with a built in microphone. But the headset seems to be working fine and I can hear things. But the microphone itself doesn't seem to be getting detected. I tried this with 3 different headsets so I think it's a driver issue? I'm not...
  8. USB microphone/headphones use.

USB microphone/headphones use.: Hi, I connected a USB microphone today, which is working fine. I can also hear the recording through my headphones. The issue is that I would like to hear my voice through the headphones, when I'm recording, and I can't seem to find how to do this. I hope you can help thanks....
  9. Headphones microphone is not being used.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones microphone is not being used.: I had selected for my computer to "not ask again" by accident to not use the microphone and I want for my computer to have the option of using the headphones microphone. I don't see it pop up when I plug it in anymore and I have looked up various ways to undo this but only to...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant use microphone from headphones in windows

2. cant use microphone on pc

3. windows cant use headphone and mic

4. i cant use the mic on my headphones