Windows 10: Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals

Discus and support Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been having this problem with my keyboard since yesterday I can use the shift key to type all letters in capital except for the letters ic...on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dasha, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Dasha Win User

Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals

I've been having this problem with my keyboard since yesterday I can use the shift key to type all letters in capital except for the letters ic...on After IC . The keys for those letters are working IC on icon, I Can Jump IC fine , but when i press shift to type them in capital, nothing happens. as if they are not working! But they are working because i can type perfectly fine when not using the shift key. it started this behavior after I changed My Cursor Pack and Downloaded some Windows Folder ICon's, Can somebody help Please *Confused*Smile

:)

Dasha, Dec 26, 2018

2. Shift key not working; windows 10; laptop keyboard

The SHIFT key works for typing capital letters, but does not function when an attempt is made to select a contiguous list (e.g. first item ... shift ...last item), which worked in prior versions of WINDOWS.

Chris_6161, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Can't type certain capital letters with the left or right shift, depending!

So there are some similar posts i've seen that had issues like mine, but nothing quite exactly the same.

I can type all the letters just fine in lowercase, without any noticeable issues, or in uppercase with caps lock on. But when it comes to using the shift keys, the only way I can type a capital "A" is with the Right shift key (left doesn't produce any characters),
    and the only way I can produce a capital Q is with the Left shift key. This is Quite irritating and nonsensical.

As other posts have stated, I've not installed any software or hardware anytime recently either, and haven't had any updates to speak of that could have caused this to my knowledge.

I am operating a Lenovo Yoga 700-11ISK with Windows 10 up to date as of this posting.

HELP!!

IlDocttore13, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals

Shift + keys not working.

Hello,

I am having issues with my laptops keys. When I press shift 2, I get no @ symbol. Nothing at all, it's not giving me another symbol, just nothing. The 2 key works fine, if I hit shift 2 a bunch of times back and forth, sometimes it will give me an @
    symbol. Also like shift M will make a capital M, but shift W will not make a capital w. ( the right shift will not capitalize the W but the left one will. )but it will capitalize others. Neither of the shift keys will work to make like the @ symbol. But
    the 2 key works fine. I am sure this sounds confusing and trust me it is.. any ideas? It is set to us keyboard

Mattattoo6, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals

1. Cant use the Shift Key to type IC...icon in capitals - Similar Threads - Cant Shift Key

2. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  3. Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Shift key holding down will not Capitize Letters: Bedore I Trash my wireless Keyboard....I thought it best to Post the issue here in case there is a Fix to what I Broke...let me Explain.I was cleaning my wireless Keyboard and while doing so I push many buttons...some I am sure by themselves, others times Multipile keyboard...
  4. Windows wont let me type a capital "r" using shift

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont let me type a capital "r" using shift: So as the title says I cannot type the letter "r" using my shift key. I can use the caps lock key to type this but that is very inconvenient.I've used the on screen windows keyboard AND a separate keyboard and they both still wont let me type the capital r using shift,...
  5. Windows wont let me type a capital "r" using shift

Windows wont let me type a capital "r" using shift: So as the title says I cannot type the letter "r" using my shift key. I can use the caps lock key to type this but that is very inconvenient.I've used the on screen windows keyboard AND a separate keyboard and they both still wont let me type the capital r using shift,...
  6. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!: Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work...
  7. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!: Yesterday I removed and put back after 5 minutes the battery of my ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD with win10 64bit.After that, everything seems to work normally except I can't make the capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"! But both work...
  8. Unable to make capital "n" using the left "shift" and the capital "m" with the right "shift"!

9. Cant Type Capital F with Shift Key

Cant Type Capital F with Shift Key: On my laptop whenever I try to type a capital f with the shift key it doesn't type anything, I can use caps lock and can do f+shift+WindowsKey and it works, but i cant do shift+f, I have tried reinstalling keyboard drivers and I don't have another keyboard to test it, and I...
  10. Shift Key Changes Capitalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift Key Changes Capitalization: When I happen to by needing to use the shift key while editing text in most Office applications, the shift key changes the capitalization of the word. Press it once and the first letter comes capitalized, and I think the whole word becomes capitalized if you press shift...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i press shift key i get no capitals or top half of keyboard

2. some uppercase letters cant be typed using right shift key and left shift keys

3. i cant use shift m to capitalize m

4. lenovo windows 10 keyboard I & K wont capitalize using shift key,
  5. show shift key icon,
  6. cant use shift keys