Windows 10: Can't use touchpad for a couple seconds after pressing any key(can't move cursor or click)

Discus and support Can't use touchpad for a couple seconds after pressing any key(can't move cursor or click) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, whenever I type or press a key, even a function key, I can't use the touchpad for a couple seconds afterwards(or while pressing). This is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blazernate, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Can't use touchpad for a couple seconds after pressing any key(can't move cursor or click)

So, whenever I type or press a key, even a function key, I can't use the touchpad for a couple seconds afterwards(or while pressing). This is really annoying when I'm trying to type, and all the guides I've found include settings areas that aren't on windows 10 anymore. I've noticed that I can still use the touchpad while holding shift, though.

:)

blazernate, Aug 9, 2019

2. Touchpad and Keys

I'm using an ACER AspireONE netbook.

Does anyone know how to use the keys and touchpad simultaniously?
    If I press a key, there's about a 2 second lock on the touch pad.
    It must be some sort of function, but I can't figure out how to find it or turn it off.

Running Windows XP.

MLG The Canadian, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Touchpad lock while pressing keys on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

Try the methods.

Method 1:

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Can't use touchpad for a couple seconds after pressing any key(can't move cursor or click)

Touchpad/cursor not working after windows 10 download.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and
    touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Can't use touchpad for a couple seconds after pressing any key(can't move cursor or click)

1. Can't use touchpad for a couple seconds after pressing any key(can't move cursor or click) - Similar Threads - Can't touchpad couple

2. Can't click while pressing a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't click while pressing a key: Alot of people already had this problem but they didnt help, so this happened after i uninstalled my ps/2 compliant mouse to stop my touchpad jittering and i noticed this when i was playing a game and i thought it was the game acting up but then i tested if its really a...
  3. Touchpad, 2 finger tap to right click + cursor can't move during typing

Touchpad, 2 finger tap to right click + cursor can't move during typing: I bought a new laptop after accidently breaking my last one, and now the ability the double tap to right click is gone along with the ability to move the cursor while pressing a button on the keyboard like for instance the space bar. This is a very recent thing, got this...
  4. Can't move Touchpad while I am pressing a key in Windows 10

Can't move Touchpad while I am pressing a key in Windows 10: Hello! I've been having a trouble while I try to play video games since I got my laptop, I can't use my Touchpad while I am pressing a key. I've tried for hours to figure it out and used the solutions in here from 2015-2016, but it seems I don't have the same settings and...
  5. cursor not moving when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor not moving when key is pressed: I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving-when-key-is-pressed/62551264-ba48-478f-acb8-d4db9290fb89
  6. Can't move the pointer while clicking on the touchpad button

Can't move the pointer while clicking on the touchpad button: Recently, I asked a Question link because I couldn't type and use the touchpad at the same time and got that solved. With that, I tried to play some videogame and found out that I can't move and click on the touchpad button at the same time... What can I do? The "Synaptics...
  7. Can't move cursor for a little while after typing (Precision touchpad)

Can't move cursor for a little while after typing (Precision touchpad): Hi, got this problem after I install the precision touchpad driver. Before this, I can use the Synaptics control panel to fix this. the cursor can reflect quickly after I typed, it is comfortable to use. But after I install precision touchpad for my Hp specture, there is no...
  8. I can't move cursor while pressing a key

I can't move cursor while pressing a key: I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing keys on your keyboard. I also...
  9. Can't right click using touchpad

Can't right click using touchpad: Hi, I'm having trouble with my moms PC (Acer laptop). Right clicking is not working, but left click is working fine. I went to the trackpad settings and first checked that "Use two fingers to right click" was checked, and it was. Then I tried checking the other option...
  10. Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click: My computer will randomly "freeze", meaning that I can move my mouse around, but clicking on things like my browser or the start bar doesn't do anything. I looked around online and the only "solution" I found was to press ctrl+alt+delete, then press cancel. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blazernate

2. touchpad delay while typing windows 10

3. how to move touchpad while pressing key win 10