Windows 10: cant use touchpad while playing or using any key on games or things similar

Discus and support cant use touchpad while playing or using any key on games or things similar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i use an ELAN touchpad and whenever im playing,i cant move the mouse to view while im using the keys,any way to fix it? i use an hp pavilion laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrés Alán Castillo, Feb 3, 2020.

1. cant use touchpad while playing or using any key on games or things similar

i use an ELAN touchpad and whenever im playing,i cant move the mouse to view while im using the keys,any way to fix it? i use an hp pavilion laptop 15-cw1xxx

:)

Andrés Alán Castillo, Feb 3, 2020

2. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Feb 3, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

cant use touchpad while playing or using any key on games or things similar

Touchpad and Keys

I think you need to uninstall the synaptics touchpad driver/software according to what i have read in the past (my wife has the netbook although she does not play games on it), then your problem should disapear.

Tatty_One, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

cant use touchpad while playing or using any key on games or things similar

1. cant use touchpad while playing or using any key on games or things similar - Similar Threads - cant touchpad while

2. Cant play games that use EAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play games that use EAC: I've been having issues with games that specifically use EasyAntiCheat. The issue being that approximately 5-10 mins after playing my pc will freeze and then crash with no bluescreen coming up. Sometimes the PC does not crash after the freeze and the game will continue to...
  3. Cant play games that use EAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant play games that use EAC: I've been having issues with games that specifically use EasyAntiCheat. The issue being that approximately 5-10 mins after playing my pc will freeze and then crash with no bluescreen coming up. Sometimes the PC does not crash after the freeze and the game will continue to...
  4. Cant play any games!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play any games!: So since like yesterday I haven't been able to play any game, even the simplest ones. I have an RTX 2060 super and my computer isn't even 1 year old, so it shouldn't be a problem and I have played all these games for so long time. I have checked the temperature and it has...
  5. Cant play any games!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant play any games!: So since like yesterday I haven't been able to play any game, even the simplest ones. I have an RTX 2060 super and my computer isn't even 1 year old, so it shouldn't be a problem and I have played all these games for so long time. I have checked the temperature and it has...
  6. Cant use Touchpad for looking around while using WASD movements

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant use Touchpad for looking around while using WASD movements: I am using a Windows 10 Pro OS digitally licensed and i am encountering a problem while gaming. i use W,A,S,D for movement but cant look around at the same tme, i have seen other's laptops doing well with it. I have Synaptics Touchpad with latest drivers installed. Please...
  7. I cant use my touchpad while holding down a key Lenovo Ideapad 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant use my touchpad while holding down a key Lenovo Ideapad 3: I have recently bought this laptop about a week ago, looked forward to testing out a few features yet I stumbled across this issue. I know i'm not the first person to enquire about such an issue, however none of the available solutions match my situation. My touchpad...
  8. Cant use touchpad during setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant use touchpad during setup: so i cant use my touchpad during my windows 10 setup. My laptop is a lenovo ideapad flex 5 with a cire i7 10th gen. Uses windows precision drivers. I wanna install a fresh copy of windows 10 home. I have a genuine OEM license. I wanna do a fresh install but i cant cuz i dont...
  9. i cant use keyboard and touchpad at the same time while playing.

i cant use keyboard and touchpad at the same time while playing.: did somebody know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-keyboard-and-touchpad-at-the-same-time/99c81e4f-3851-4dd4-8b81-adb0dd6b672e
  10. Unable to use touchpad while using keyboard

Unable to use touchpad while using keyboard: I have a brand new windows 10 laptop and haven't been able to find any way to turn off smart sense or anything to fix this issue. I go into control panel and my mouse settings just aren't there to begin with. when i go into settings nothing indicates any way to change any of...