Windows 10: Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard

Discus and support Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title suggests I can't use touchpad while I'm typing. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330. It has windows 10 and synaptics touchpad. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ValtteriBergman, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard

As the title suggests I can't use touchpad while I'm typing. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 330. It has windows 10 and synaptics touchpad. Thanks

:)

ValtteriBergman, Apr 9, 2019

2. Typing / Keyboard Issues and Touchpad

Try following -

1. Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Click Hardware & Devices > Run the Troubleshooter

2. Run Keyboard Troubleshooter

Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down and click Keyboard > Run the troubleshooter > Follow onscreen directions

3. Uninstall Keyboard Driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > Expand Keyboards > Right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Uninstall > Reboot the computer to reinstall

4. Take actions related to touchpad driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > Expand Human Interface devices > Right click on the touchpad listed there >

A. Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Properties > Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

B. Update touch pad driver

Click Update Driver Software > Click Browse my computer for driver software > Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Choose the driver > Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

C. Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart
    your computer

E for Excel, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard

Touchpad and keyboard malfunctioning

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it 3x and am still having difficulty wim (example of typed letters not showing up) with my keyboard and touch pad. some things are impossible to accomplish, such as choosing an item with my touchpad.

RobinRGregory, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard

1. Can't use touchpad while typing on keyboard - Similar Threads - Can't touchpad while

2. Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?: I've tried many Youtube tutorials and even went into the control panel but it doesn't contain any settings for the touch pad, I'm having an HP Elitebook 840 G3 running windows 10 pro 21H2. I've tried also going into manual settings for the touchpad and changing sensitivity to...
  3. Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?: I've tried many Youtube tutorials and even went into the control panel but it doesn't contain any settings for the touch pad, I'm having an HP Elitebook 840 G3 running windows 10 pro 21H2. I've tried also going into manual settings for the touchpad and changing sensitivity to...
  4. Can't move touchpad while typing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't move touchpad while typing.: So the title says it all, I can't move cursor with touchpad while typing and I also tried checking answers from previous years but none works, so like I don't have settings or whatever in synaptic in the mouse settings....
  5. CAN'T ENABLE TOUCHPAD WHILE TYPING

CAN'T ENABLE TOUCHPAD WHILE TYPING: I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14IIL05, came with Windows 10, and I am trying to get the trackpad to not turn off when typing. I am trying to game with this laptop and whenever I press the keyboard the trackpad turns off and becomes unresponsive and that is really...
  6. Laptop touchpad button not working while using keyboard.

Laptop touchpad button not working while using keyboard.: Hello! I just found out how to make your keyboard and touchpad work at the same time, And It helped but I have a new problem I didn't know about. When im trying or using the keyboard gaming I can now move the mouse and its great. But the left button for shooting Is not...
  7. Can't use my touchpad while typing-windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use my touchpad while typing-windows 10: So I use to solve this problem by uninstalling synaptics but now it makes my cursor shake. So i rolled back and i am wondering how to type and move the cursor at the same time and no everything i tried doesn't work....
  8. Unable to use touchpad while using keyboard

Unable to use touchpad while using keyboard: I have a brand new windows 10 laptop and haven't been able to find any way to turn off smart sense or anything to fix this issue. I go into control panel and my mouse settings just aren't there to begin with. when i go into settings nothing indicates any way to change any of...
  9. Can't use a keyboard and touchpad at the same time

Can't use a keyboard and touchpad at the same time: Ever since I started using this computer the touchpad won't work at all when I use any of the keyboard buttons. I tried to find a fix for this but all of the fixes don't appear on my computer. I need help with this a soon as possible...
  10. How to enable use of the touchpad while typing

How to enable use of the touchpad while typing: On my Dell Alienware m14x it seems that I can not find a way to disable the feature that enables a delay between the time you can click or move on the touchpad to when you can press a key. Meaning, if I quickly stop typing and attempt to move my touchpad, I must wait a couple...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant use touchpad when typing

2. touchpad while typing

3. cant use touchpad while typing

4. use touchpad while typing windows 10,
  5. why cant i use my touchpad while typing,
  6. how to have the mouse working continouesly while typing on keyboard,
  7. how to use your touchpad while typing,
  8. lenovo cant use touchpad,
  9. touchpad stops when typing,
  10. cant use touchpad when typing 2019,
  11. how to enable touch[ad while using keyboard,