Windows 10: Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad

Discus and support Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have to uninstall the device to use these features but after restarting the laptop I can't use these featuresI'm kinda in a loop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AEITR, Oct 19, 2021.

1. AEITR Win User

Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad

I have to uninstall the device to use these features but after restarting the laptop I can't use these featuresI'm kinda in a loop.

:)

AEITR, Oct 19, 2021

2. Cannot disable two finger scrolling

Touchpad driver: Synaptics Pointing Device from Lenovo (version 19.0.17.115, September 19, 2016)

PC: Thinkpad W520

Steps to reproduce:

1. Navigate to additional mouse options.

Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad zDEgr.png

1. Navigate to TouchPad Properties.

Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad lGdhr.png

1. Ensure that two finger scrolling is disabled.

Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad i5aq9.png

As you can see from the last screenshot, two finger scrolling is disabled on my system, yet the touch-pad still begins to scroll when I have two fingers placed on it. It's jarring and irritating and I'm not used to it at all.

Strangely enough, the setting seems to stick when I open UltraNav settings and close it. But two finger scrolling returns after a restart. I don't know if this is an issue with a driver or my configuration of Windows 10...

I've tried the following:

1. Rolling back the driver, which didn't resolve the issue.
    2. Deleting the driver and re-installing it via Windows update and from Lenovo's website. Also didn't resolve the issue.

Does anyone have a permanent fix, like maybe a registry edit that completely disables all additional touch-pad gestures like this one?

UnityLauncherProblems, Oct 19, 2021
  3. adguzman Win User
    Two finger scrolling not working

Two finger scrolling worked just fine but then I noticed it stopped suddenly. I saw the touch pad settings and it says 2 fingers to scroll but I do that and it wont scroll. I have a brand new hp spectre x360 13. I'm not sure if me scrolling with my finger
    messed it up.

adguzman, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad

Two finger mouse pad scroll speed increase.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to increase the two finger mouse pad scroll speed.

HelpMuhOut, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad

1. Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad - Similar Threads - Can't fingers scroll

2. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  3. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  4. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use two fingers to scroll, three fingers to open Search, etc. with my click pad: I have to uninstall the device to use these features but after restarting the laptop I can't use these featuresI'm kinda in a loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-two-fingers-to-scroll-three-fingers-to/f86c2f51-9fbf-4c12-b5a5-95c91c751acd
  6. No two finger scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    No two finger scroll: After installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after getting it back from a computer repairman, I do not have the options or the choice to select two finger scroll. Why do I not have the option to use two finger scroll? My laptop doesn't have the original factory motherboard...
  7. Windows 10 N touch pad scrolling, two finger, three finger gesture problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 N touch pad scrolling, two finger, three finger gesture problem: I can't find other options like two finger, three finger gesture as well as facing touch pad scrolling problem, pls find the image [ATTACH]...
  8. two finger scroll

two finger scroll: Hi I'm having trouble trying to fix my scrolling but the setting people tell me to use I don't have them. The two finger scroll settings is supposed to be in touchpad setting but it's not[ATTACH]...
  9. Two Finger Scrolling.

Two Finger Scrolling.: Two finger scrolling option didn't show in my windows10. Please help me. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-finger-scrolling/1890bdac-a9a6-4680-925f-4d059f0aaaa0
  10. Two finger scrolling

Two finger scrolling: Ok so my two finger scrolling is somehow disabled on this new laptop I got. It was used before but idk how it got disabled...please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/two-finger-scrolling/acee641a-42b3-4e8d-99c4-5d2a3ae91cd0