Windows 10: Can't Use USB Microphone and Webcam at the same time.

Discus and support Can't Use USB Microphone and Webcam at the same time. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to use a webcam to record video of myself, but my webcam doesn't have good sound quality. I have a separate microphone for audio recording,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tfjerard, Aug 30, 2020.

1. tfjerard Win User

Can't Use USB Microphone and Webcam at the same time.

I'm trying to use a webcam to record video of myself, but my webcam doesn't have good sound quality. I have a separate microphone for audio recording, however when I plug it in the camera freezes and stops working in any apps that I have, says that media capture failed on the camera app, and discord and streamlabs both show black boxes. Is there any fix for this, or should I just settle for the webcam audio?

:)

tfjerard, Aug 30, 2020

2. Neither my webcam nor my microphone are working

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

• Do you have webcam and Microphone Together?

• How have you connected the Webcam and Microphone to the computer?

• If USB, have you tried switching the ports?

Please reply for further help.

Waseemulla S, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Sugguestions for Nokia PC Suite - phone as pc webcam / microphone

I have a Nokia 6280. A pitty that there is no webcam software for S40. 2 Suggestions:

- phone as webcam

- phone as microphone

for Skype, msn, etc. just like "real" hardware (connected over usb cable).

Is this the right place to state suggestions?

skyliner---01, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

MS HD Sensor webcam stop working

Hello NicholasGu,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following queries:

1. What is the model number of the webcam?
    2. Which version of Windows is installed on your machine?

(Type winver in the search window and hit
      Enter)
    3. Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    4. Which application are you using to access the webcam?

This issue could occur due to USB port connection, or the USB drivers. Hence, I would suggest you to try connecting the webcam to a different USB port and try accessing the webcam microphone. Also, to isolate the issue, I would ask you to connect
    the webcam to another machine and check if the issue persists. If the issue persists, kindly check the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method 1 -

Make sure Windows has the latest update: Select the
    Start
    button, then select Settings > Update & Security >
    Windows Update > Check for Updates. If there is an available update, select
    Install now.

Method 2 -

I would suggest you to update the USB drivers that are installed on your machine. To update the drivers,

• Right click on the
      Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Navigate to Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
    • Right click on each driver and choose
      Update driver.

For better understanding, you may refer an article on Update drivers in Windows 10.

Method 3 -

If the issue persists, kindly refer the following article which has steps to troubleshoot Microphone issues.

Kindly get back to us with the results. Will be glad to assist you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't Use USB Microphone and Webcam at the same time. - Similar Threads - Can't USB Microphone

2. Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working: Thanks in advance for any help! Yesterday, both external, USB-connected microphones to my Windows 10 XPS laptop stopped working. Specifically, I have a USB microphone and a current model Logitech webcam, connected to the laptop via USB connection either directly or via a hub;...
  3. Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working: Thanks in advance for any help! Yesterday, both external, USB-connected microphones to my Windows 10 XPS laptop stopped working. Specifically, I have a USB microphone and a current model Logitech webcam, connected to the laptop via USB connection either directly or via a hub;...
  4. Microphone functions in USB webcam and microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't use keyboard and trackpad at the same time.

Can't use keyboard and trackpad at the same time.: I have a Surface Book 2 and I've had the common issue that I can't type/use the keyboard while using the trackpad. I've tried to solve this by using the Registry Editor solution and following these steps: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Synaptics > SynTP and then click on...
  6. Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time

Cannot use headphones and microphone at the same time: Hi, on my windows 10 computer, anytime I try to use my microphone, my audio immediately cuts out. I've fiddled with the sound control panel tons, but nothing seems to work. It happens no matter what kind of headphones I'm using also, so I'm really not sure what to do. I've...
  7. Can't click and use the keyboard at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click and use the keyboard at the same time.: Hi there, I've had this issue where I can use my Elan Smart Pad and keyboard simultaneously perfectly fine, but I can't click and use the keyboard though. I had this problem for a long time, and gaming is really hard when this happens. If anybody can help, I'd be really...
  8. i can't use a usb microphone with a usb headset !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i can't use a usb microphone with a usb headset !: hello everyone! thanks for reading this. i bought a usb headset and a usb microphone but they can't work together every time i plugged the two devices in my computer the first one i plugged just works and the other doesn't work and it doesn't even show in my sound control...
  9. Can't use touchpad and keyboard at the same time

Can't use touchpad and keyboard at the same time: 'm attempting to play a game on my new hp Zbook that requires me to use the keyboard and my touchpad at the same time. Whenever I do, it stops and won't let me. I tried to research the issue and turn off palm check or smart sense and I don't have either of these in my...
  10. Can't use a keyboard and touchpad at the same time

Can't use a keyboard and touchpad at the same time: Ever since I started using this computer the touchpad won't work at all when I use any of the keyboard buttons. I tried to find a fix for this but all of the fixes don't appear on my computer. I need help with this a soon as possible...