Windows 10: Can't use Wifi Hotspot?

Discus and support Can't use Wifi Hotspot? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I set it up and make a device connect, it always says "failed to obtain IP Address." I have tried doing the "allow other networks to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MKHN15, Jul 6, 2020.

1. /u/MKHN15 Win User

Can't use Wifi Hotspot?

Whenever I set it up and make a device connect, it always says "failed to obtain IP Address." I have tried doing the "allow other networks to connect through this computer's internet connection" thing many times, all failing to solve the issue.

The thing is that I have downloaded Connectify and that works, about every 20 minutes the computer that hosts it disconnects from the internet, and it is a hassle to reconnect it and then restart Connectify.

submitted by /u/MKHN15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MKHN15, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Can't uncheck WIFI "Connect Automatically"

Hi,

Have you tried removing the network from the list? Your network credentials may still be saved on your Wifi settings.

We suggest you to remove the preferred network and reconnect it. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows icon.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • On the left pane, click Wifi.
    • Click on link Manage Wifi Settings.
    • There is prompt, click on Manage known networks
    • Select the network you want to forget.
    Once you remove the network it will no longer appear on the list. You may need to reconnect it, if you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Can't use Wifi Hotspot?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't use Wifi Hotspot?

1. Can't use Wifi Hotspot? - Similar Threads - Can't Wifi Hotspot

2. Can't use laptop as a mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use laptop as a mobile hotspot: I am trying to set up my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my Android phone. I want to share the laptop's wi-fi internet connection with the phone over a bluetooth connection between the phone and laptop. I can connect the phone and laptop via bluetooth and turn on the laptop...
  3. Can't use laptop as a mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use laptop as a mobile hotspot: I am trying to set up my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my Android phone. I want to share the laptop's wi-fi internet connection with the phone over a bluetooth connection between the phone and laptop. I can connect the phone and laptop via bluetooth and turn on the laptop...
  4. Using both Hotspot and WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using both Hotspot and WiFi: Hey guys altough i just created my account i have been using ten forums for the past 3 years i love this page. This is the first time in my life i cant find an answer to something and i think its because its impossible. So here it is, i am stuck in a hotel with bad wifi and...
  5. HotSpot and WiFi

HotSpot and WiFi: Everytime I restart my laptop the wifi button is greyed out and the when clicking on the hotspot it keeps loading and nothing happens. I ran over some answers on this and found some cmd commands to reset the firewall and others and it works too. But on restarting the same...
  6. Wifi Hotspot

Wifi Hotspot: I cant start my wifi hotspot, when i go into setting and turn it on, it said we cant setup hotspot, is work well after a month but then suddenly it decide to stop working, i tried to do anything on the internet, nothing work, hosted network when i check netsh wlan show...
  7. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: when I on my laptop hotspot I cant connect on any mobile but internet is work onlaptop plz help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot/deeb07f8-b396-413f-8f65-97cbcfd7a967
  8. Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot: Recently I built my own PC and installed Windows 10 home on to it. A problem I've run into is that my motherboard does not have bluetooth capabilities straight out of the box like my old laptop did, which means I can't use it as a mobile hotspot like I did my old laptop. If I...
  9. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: hi ive got a problem with my hp g60 laptop ,I cant turn my wifi hotspot on ,it keeps saying ,unable to turn wifi hotspot on ,,,, need help ,,,,how do you fix this and ive downloaded the wireless drivers twice ,still didn't work...
  10. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: i tried to create a wifi hotspot in window 10, so i used command prompt but after creating it is notworking and showing that the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the request, then i installed a wifi hotspot software but that's also not running and...