Windows 10: Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.

Discus and support Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm experiencing a camera app issue. I use an external camera for work. I've never manually updated the app and have had microphone... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeoB_, May 12, 2023.

1. GeoB_ Win User

Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.

Hello all, I'm experiencing a camera app issue. I use an external camera for work. I've never manually updated the app and have had microphone permissions last turned off on 10/21/22 for privacy reasons occasionally, there will be an issue with my camera app to where I'll have to reset it, which is why it says 10/21/22, but I've had it off for longer than that.Today, I was using it for work as normal camera enabled, microphone disabled. I stepped out for lunch and come back to my camera app closed I left it open during lunch. When I go to relaunch it, its telling me to enable mic permiss

:)

GeoB_, May 12, 2023
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, May 12, 2023
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, May 12, 2023
  4. gammonGo Win User

Configurating Cameras and Microphones

How do I change settings for and uninstall cameras and other such camera things? (Windows 10 is impossible and everything changes faster than web instructions can keep up).

There is no "Cameras" listed in Settings.

Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions. 359852d1644956332t-configurating-cameras-microphones-screenshot-2022-02-15-151814.png

But there is one listed in Control Panel

Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions. 359853d1644956405t-configurating-cameras-microphones-screenshot-2022-02-15-151924.png

Of course, in Zoom (and other applications), there are three. Those "DroidCam" ones are a software app which allowed me to use my cell as a camera. There seems to be no way to turn them off without uninstalling the software. But there's also no way for me to configure them as the non-default.

Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions. 359854d1644956535t-configurating-cameras-microphones-screenshot-2022-02-15-152155.png

Then, when we're done with that, I'll have the same question about choosing and configuring microphones. Whenever I search settings about microphones, all I get is Speech Setup. See, "speech" is not the same thing as setting up the hardware, but Microsoft doesn't seem to believe me about that.

gammonGo, May 12, 2023
Thema:

1. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions. - Similar Threads - Can't camera without

2. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions: This has been asked on and off for over 10 years according to google, so Microsoft must be doing some A/B testing nonsense.Why is the camera app forcing me to enable Microphone permissions when it has never forced this before? I don't want an answer about how to enable Mic...
  3. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions: This has been asked on and off for over 10 years according to google, so Microsoft must be doing some A/B testing nonsense.Why is the camera app forcing me to enable Microphone permissions when it has never forced this before? I don't want an answer about how to enable Mic...
  4. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.: Hello all, I'm experiencing a camera app issue. I use an external camera for work. I've never manually updated the app and have had microphone permissions last turned off on 10/21/22 for privacy reasons occasionally, there will be an issue with my camera app to where I'll...
  5. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.

Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions.: Hello all, I'm experiencing a camera app issue. I use an external camera for work. I've never manually updated the app and have had microphone permissions last turned off on 10/21/22 for privacy reasons occasionally, there will be an issue with my camera app to where I'll...
  6. Cannot use camera or microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use camera or microphone: Hey all,This forum has helped me greatly in the past, and I hope you can help me with this. Recently both my PC and laptop did the latest Windows 10 update. Ever since, I cannot use facetime, or any other program, site, or app on either my PC or Laptop with my microphone or...
  7. Cannot use camera or microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use camera or microphone: Hey all,This forum has helped me greatly in the past, and I hope you can help me with this. Recently both my PC and laptop did the latest Windows 10 update. Ever since, I cannot use facetime, or any other program, site, or app on either my PC or Laptop with my microphone or...
  8. Cannot use camera or microphone

9. Is it permissible to use windows 10 without activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it permissible to use windows 10 without activation?: Windows 10 terms say this:Authorized Software and Activation. You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method. When you connect to the Internet...
  10. Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Granting Permission for a program to use microphone and camera: Hi I log onto a virtual desktop for work, and when asked if I wanted the program to have access to my mic and camera, I said no and ticked the box to say not to ask me again. Now I have to let the program have access, and I don't know how to reset the message. Any...