Windows 10: Can't use Windows Defender at all

Discus and support Can't use Windows Defender at all in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having this issue since a while now. I tried almost anything that i found online. That's my problem: when i open the security center and i try... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xMrPhede, Mar 29, 2020.

1. xMrPhede Win User

Can't use Windows Defender at all

Hi, I'm having this issue since a while now.

I tried almost anything that i found online. That's my problem: when i open the security center and i try to activate any of the security center functions, they doesn't start and the slider of each lne remains on "disabled", also after the system asks me for administrator's privileges.

I already tried those solutions:

- starting the security center and windows defender from services

- removing every third party AV software

- scanning with many differents AV softwares like Malwarebytes and ADW-cleaner

- scanning with many registry repairing softwares like CCleaner and others

- doing sfc /scannow and restoreHealth commands

- intalling every Windows update

- modifying some registry keys with regedit

Useful data to solve:

I'm running on Windows 10 64-bit v1909.

I was using Avast Free as antivirus but i removed it with revo unistaller.

I found many keys in the windows defender registry folder that were stopping and disabling all the security services, i deleted them.

I would like to not make a completely new installation of the system, but if it is possible to mantain my files and apps.

:)

xMrPhede, Mar 29, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Can't use Windows Defender at all

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't use Windows Defender at all

1. Can't use Windows Defender at all - Similar Threads - Can't Defender

2. I can't access defender files because of admin issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access defender files because of admin issues: I accidentally accepted PUADlManager:Win32/Snackarcin on my device, and I want to purge it off of my device. I followed the steps a support staff at microsoft gave me. Then I hit a wall no matter what I try I can't get into the scans files because only admin can get into it,...
  3. I can't access defender files because of admin issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access defender files because of admin issues: I accidentally accepted PUADlManager:Win32/Snackarcin on my device, and I want to purge it off of my device. I followed the steps a support staff at microsoft gave me. Then I hit a wall no matter what I try I can't get into the scans files because only admin can get into it,...
  4. Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...: My Windows Defender now Windows Security detected an unwanted app in my laptop. So, I chose an action. I tried REMOVE and QUARANTINE but it's not doing anything. I tried so many ways, I even tried restarting my PC and performed an offline scan but still failed. The yellow...
  5. Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...

Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...: My Windows Defender now Windows Security detected an unwanted app in my laptop. So, I chose an action. I tried REMOVE and QUARANTINE but it's not doing anything. I tried so many ways, I even tried restarting my PC and performed an offline scan but still failed. The yellow...
  6. Why can't the Windows Defender App and Browser Control remove or quarantine the unwanted...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on: Hi, last night right after the update windows 11 23H2 OS build version: 22631.3447Windows defender stopped working once and after that i am greated with: title:Page not available,description:Your IT adminitrastor me has limited access to somes areas of this app, and the item...
  8. Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on

Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on: Hi, last night right after the update windows 11 23H2 OS build version: 22631.3447Windows defender stopped working once and after that i am greated with: title:Page not available,description:Your IT adminitrastor me has limited access to somes areas of this app, and the item...
  9. windows defender can't find & windows security can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender can't find & windows security can't open: recently i got a virus > .vbs and i was deleted it using autorun in this link. still i can't see t defender. how to turn on defender.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-operation-did-not-complete-successfully/3e75b9d4-c418-4b6a-a952-72a48881bfa9also i...
  10. windows defender can't find & windows security can't open

windows defender can't find & windows security can't open: recently i got a virus > .vbs and i was deleted it using autorun in this link. still i can't see t defender. how to turn on defender.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-operation-did-not-complete-successfully/3e75b9d4-c418-4b6a-a952-72a48881bfa9also i...