Windows 10: Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10

Discus and support Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My computer tries to launch Windows 10 using Face Recognition. I receive the notice that my credentials could not be verified (even though it displays... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnBoldman, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10

My computer tries to launch Windows 10 using Face Recognition. I receive the notice that my credentials could not be verified (even though it displays my name and picture) and provides an "OK" button. It then tells me my PIN is required. Entering my PIN provides the same result. It then present me with Sign-In options. Entering my password is the only option left, but it provides the same result. It the provides me with a password hint and the option to reset my password. After answering all the security questions and changing my password, I'm back at square 1 telling me it can't verify my credentials.

How do I start Windows?

:)

JohnBoldman, Oct 14, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Can't verify credential.  Can't start Windows 10 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Ron S Win User

Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10

Notifocation of W-10 update genuine? Freezes computer, can"t verify.

Can you or anyone suggest a way to remove the virus? Haven;t been able to enter safe mode. I did trya windows repair program called system restore, which failed at two restore points.

Ron S, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10

1. Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't verify credential

2. Your credentials could not be verified

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your credentials could not be verified: So this started yesterday I had put my pc on sleep mode and when I tried to log in with my pin it said your credentials could not be verified when I clicked ok It said something is wrong with your pin and isn't avalible with the only option being set up new pin so I clicked...
  3. Your credentials could not be verified

Your credentials could not be verified: i [IMG]am facing problem to log in window..i have tried pin, Microsoft password, tried connecting net and change pin ..but nothing worked. And also tried to do system recovery but.. System recovery option was too misssing.. Plz help...
  4. Can't verify my identity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't verify my identity: On "Settings/Update & Security/Windows security/Account protection/Microsoft account" it says "Verify your identity to sync passwords across your devices" with a "Verify" button below, but, when I click on the "Verify" button, a popup appears, briefly says "Just a moment",...
  5. Can't verify email address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't verify email address: Trying to setup my mom's computer. We typed in the wrong email address. Now we can't verify it. Even thought I corrected in the alternate email address, it won't let me do anything without verifying, and won't let me contact costumer support. Any help will be greatly...
  6. Your credentials could not be verified

Your credentials could not be verified: I am trying to log into windows and every time i get "your credentials could not be verified" if i use my pin or "that password is incorrect" if i use my password. I know i am using the right password (i just used it to log in to post this post) When I start it in safe mode...
  7. Can't verify microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't verify microsoft account: I have re-installed Win 10 multiple times because of some problems and this time when I clicked Verify either through phone or email I received nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-verify-microsoft-account/d2ecd7b5-e788-403a-af12-0cfb5506bb9f"
  8. CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10: Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number,...
  9. Credentials could not be verified

Credentials could not be verified: My MS Surface Book has stopped allowing me to sign in with facial recognition and the PIN. I am still able to sign in using my password, which I changed after being unable to sign in. The facial recognition recognizes me, but advises that "credentials could not be verified"...
  10. Verify Credentials with No Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Credentials with No Password: So, I have forgotten a password but it's saved in Windows 10. I can go to web credentials and see it there, but when I hit the 'show' button, it asks me to verify my credentials to see the password. I do not have a password on my local account on Windows 10, so I'm not sure...