Windows 10: Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10

Discus and support Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My computer tries to launch Windows 10 using Face Recognition. I receive the notice that my credentials could not be verified (even though it displays... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnBoldman, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10

My computer tries to launch Windows 10 using Face Recognition. I receive the notice that my credentials could not be verified (even though it displays my name and picture) and provides an "OK" button. It then tells me my PIN is required. Entering my PIN provides the same result. It then present me with Sign-In options. Entering my password is the only option left, but it provides the same result. It the provides me with a password hint and the option to reset my password. After answering all the security questions and changing my password, I'm back at square 1 telling me it can't verify my credentials.

How do I start Windows?

:)

JohnBoldman, Oct 14, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Can't verify credential.  Can't start Windows 10 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Ron S Win User

Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10

Notifocation of W-10 update genuine? Freezes computer, can"t verify.

Can you or anyone suggest a way to remove the virus? Haven;t been able to enter safe mode. I did trya windows repair program called system restore, which failed at two restore points.

Ron S, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10

1. Can't verify credential. Can't start Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't verify credential

2. Credentials cannot be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials cannot be verified: I recently changed the email for my 365 acct.now I cannot log into my windows laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credentials-cannot-be-verified/1222b99c-c413-47db-8b13-6e7fd869fd8d
  3. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials could not be verified: Apologies for all the text, I tried attaching images but they wont upload This all started after I performed a restart from a windows update last night 9/7/23. I do not know the details of this update. But when I went to turn on my desktop today, I entered my pin and got this...
  4. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credentials could not be verified: Apologies for all the text, I tried attaching images but they wont upload This all started after I performed a restart from a windows update last night 9/7/23. I do not know the details of this update. But when I went to turn on my desktop today, I entered my pin and got this...
  5. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. “credentials could not be verified”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “credentials could not be verified”: every time i try to log on to my laptop, it tells me my pin/credentials could not be verified and to retry. when i do that i get this: “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (status: Oxc000006d, substatus: Oxc000005e). Click to set up your PIN again” i click...
  7. PIN can't be verified

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN can't be verified: Running a AMD Cleanup Utility before loading a new driver. It was attempting to reboot the computer in Safe Mode but log-in screen came up and requested PIN. I put the PIN in but got the message "Your credentials could not be verified". Upon hitting enter got message PIN...
  8. PIN can't be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN can't be verified: Running a AMD Cleanup Utility before loading a new driver. It was attempting to reboot the computer in Safe Mode but log-in screen came up and requested PIN. I put the PIN in but got the message "Your credentials could not be verified". Upon hitting enter got message PIN...
  9. PIN can't be verified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Verify Credentials with No Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Credentials with No Password: So, I have forgotten a password but it's saved in Windows 10. I can go to web credentials and see it there, but when I hit the 'show' button, it asks me to verify my credentials to see the password. I do not have a password on my local account on Windows 10, so I'm not sure...