Windows 10: cant verify identity on windows 10

Discus and support cant verify identity on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; every time I go to click on the verify identity option it closes before it can load it so I can't even do anything with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YinYangDragoness, Jul 13, 2020.

1. cant verify identity on windows 10

every time I go to click on the verify identity option it closes before it can load it so I can't even do anything with it

:)

YinYangDragoness, Jul 13, 2020

2. I Can't Verify Identity of User Account on Windows 10

Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number, because I lost my handphone.

When I verify the identity of user account in Settings> Accounts> Your Info > Verify ...

cant verify identity on windows 10 [​IMG]

There is no choice for my latest mobile number, but ONLY option for my old number. Next, according to the instructions provided, I chose the "I don't have any of these" option and click "Update Online" then updating my Microsoft account's info security,..

but when I am back to the Settings, there is still no option for my latest mobile number. I have tried to click it many times, but my latest mobile number is not listed. So I still can't verify my identity of my Windows account.

I have repeatedly tried this, including updating the security info about my latest mobile number for my Microsoft account and then restarting Windows 10, but there is still no choice of my latest number for identity verification.

However, I can verify identity on the Administrator account on Windows 10 on the same laptop.

So... What should I do? Is it important to verify the identity of a Microsoft user account in Windows 10? Can I change the Microsoft email address on a Windows account that has already been created?

aderabalan, Jul 13, 2020
  3. “We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

cant verify identity on windows 10

Verify identity link in windows 10 does nothing

Hi Bill,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you referring to Verifying the Microsoft Account?

If yes; Yes It is important from a security point of view that you verify your identity on your
    Windows 10 PC. Verifying your identity helps you protect your data. If when accessing sensitive information from this device, if Microsoft suspects fraudulent activity, they will ask you to enter a security code which will be sent to your Microsoft
    Account email ID or your mobile phone number.

If you use this device frequently to access important data, then verifying your identity once will help Microsoft that it is indeed you, who is using the PC.

Refer the link below.

About two-step verification

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Do let us know if you are able to verify your account. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

cant verify identity on windows 10

1. cant verify identity on windows 10 - Similar Threads - cant verify identity

2. verify your identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    verify your identity: Hello, when i start outlook app on windows i get the "you need to verify your identity" popping up and i always press use a method not listed here to type in my password instead, beacuse i dont remember my pincode but when ever i press use a method not listed here the window...
  3. "Verify your identity"

"Verify your identity": So a couple of weeks ago I was normally logging into my Win 11 computer but it said I had to verify something even though I typed in the right password. So I pressed "forgot password" and it sent me to some strange blue thing with a large "Verify your identity." at the top....
  4. Verifying identity

Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  5. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  6. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Cant verify my identity on microsoft website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant verify my identity on microsoft website: I have been trying to add an alias email to my account for the past hour. When I click edit account info, it takes me to a log in for the email that already exists. I log in, but then it says i must verify my identity. I get a code sent to the device the email is already on,...
  8. Verifying my identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verifying my identity: When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:- "Sorry, there's a problem with the...
  9. Verify Identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify Identity: I am attempting to verify my identity on my Windows account but every time I try, I receive a message saying that I could not sign in due to "An illegal state change was requested." How can I fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  10. Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...