Windows 10: Can't verify my identity

Discus and support Can't verify my identity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On "Settings/Update & Security/Windows security/Account protection/Microsoft account" it says "Verify your identity to sync passwords across your... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlanWheeler2, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Can't verify my identity

On "Settings/Update & Security/Windows security/Account protection/Microsoft account" it says "Verify your identity to sync passwords across your devices" with a "Verify" button below, but, when I click on the "Verify" button, a popup appears, briefly says "Just a moment", then disappears without me being able to continue.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

:)

AlanWheeler2, Feb 14, 2020

2. “We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, Feb 14, 2020
  3. WWilliams Win User
    identity will not verify

my identity will not verify in my info

WWilliams, Feb 14, 2020
  4. cazjon Win User

Can't verify my identity

New laptop; can`t verify my microsoft identity

Hi, hope someone can help.

I can`t verify my microsoft account identity on my new HP Envy laptop with Windows 10, because the email address is wrong on the screen box.

I now have to wait 24 hours after 3 attempts, trying to reset the password.

I`ve opened a new Microsoft account (using my old laptop), but can`t use it because I can`t get past the verify setup page on the new laptop.

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks

cazjon, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't verify my identity

1. Can't verify my identity - Similar Threads - Can't verify identity

2. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...
  3. Verifying identity on new PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verifying identity on new PC: I have used my primary (and only) email address to logon to a new PC, and in the security settings/accounts/your info it says "you need to verify your identity on this PC". If I click the verify link it has a option for, presumably, sending a code to an email address. But...
  4. Verify your identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify your identity: i bought a new lenovo ideapad laptop today and went to sign in to microsoft. I couldnt remember my password so it is asking to verify my identity. So i gave entered in my email and sent code about 10 times. I am not recieving an email. So then i decided to do it on my phone...
  5. CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T VERIFY IDENTITY OF USER ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10: Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number,...
  6. Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...
  7. Verifying identity on new laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verifying identity on new laptop: I have bought a laptop and my wife started installing Windows on it. It came to the section to verify my identity for my microsoft account. it asked me how i would like to get my security code so i clicked Text to my phone ending in 47. unfortunately my phone was in work so i...
  8. Verify identity MS acc

Verify identity MS acc: I've had this before. I go into the users GUI and see under my acc it wants me to verify. I click it and it goes away and back to normal. Its rare, it happened once months ago and and now again this evening. I prob wont be bothered by it for another few weeks or months. But...
  9. Can't verify Outlook account identity

Can't verify Outlook account identity: I have a problem on a new Dell machine running the current Windows 10 Home version 1709 OS build 16299.192 every thing is up to date and no viruses etc. I can’t log in to Outlook.com via the Outlook.com link on the Bing homepage either using Edge or Explorer, it just hangs...
  10. Verify Your Identity. Problem !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Verify Your Identity. Problem !: My W10 install has asked for verification of identity. No problem except that my recovery info (an email address) is out of date. Here is what has happened, 1/ W10 asks for verification. 2/ The yahoo account asked for doesn't now exist and so I worked through the...