Windows 10: cant view items in zipped file

Discus and support cant view items in zipped file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; items on desktop are zip files and can not open them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mamiewickliffe, Sep 5, 2019.

1. cant view items in zipped file

items on desktop are zip files and can not open them

:)

mamiewickliffe, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Sep 5, 2019
  4. cant view items in zipped file

Windows 10 File or folder Zip feature

I tried to compress a folder containing 15+ files. When I right clicked on the folder, moved to Send To, a selection for Bluetooth was the only option displayed. I repeated this step several times and then the listing included the file compression option,
    so I was able to zip the folder.

I needed to zip another set of similar files. This time only the Bluetooth option displayed after right clicking on the folder, to view the available options listed under Send To.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and how I can fix it?

Thank you!

WheelwrightA, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

cant view items in zipped file

1. cant view items in zipped file - Similar Threads - cant view items

2. Viewing Registry Items and Values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing Registry Items and Values: Hello MS Community, I can view various items in regedit.exe but I am unable to find these values using powershell. In Regedit.exe I have more file paths than shown when trying to navigate powershell. When using Test-Path to find these folders it comes up false, but I am able...
  3. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  4. Support to LZMA zip file decompression and viewing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Support to LZMA zip file decompression and viewing: Currently Windows 10 and 11 do not support the viewing of zip files using LZMA compression method.It's not convenient for users to share documents over the networks. Sometimes the files compressed might contain important information, such as a graded assignment. The files...
  5. cant view media files

cant view media files: This issue been affecting my pc for a year. The longer I ignore it the more I notice it.Whenever I hover the mouse on a video on youtube for example. Half the bottom of the video just flickrs and becomes unwatchable. some browsers do and some don't.The bigger issue its not...
  6. windows 10 zip view

windows 10 zip view: i recently switched from an older os using an unzipping program to windows 10 and its built-in zip functionality. is there a way to get zips to always open as a new window? zips only, not when i click any regular folder. is there a way to set a default folder view for...
  7. How to DISABLE Hidden Items in File Explorer - View

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to DISABLE Hidden Items in File Explorer - View: I need to remove the ability of students 'poking' around in File Explorer. I want to DISABLE their ability by DISABLING the Hidden Items checkbox on the View command tab. I've tried this, but does not lock them out: Code:...
  8. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  9. Desktop Item View Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Item View Size: On my desktop I only have one shortcut: Recycle Bin. The thing is, this shortcut size is set to extra-large. I don't see a way to decrease the size when I right click it. How can I change the size?...
  10. downloaded zip files say cant find application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloaded zip files say cant find application: Can someone please help me. Im getting this message whenever I try to unzip a downloaded file from the internet. Im trying to add to my fonts. This also happens when I download free mixtapes. [img] 53267