Windows 10: Can't view pictures on image icons

Discus and support Can't view pictures on image icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Lately I've had this issue - I can't see the pictures of the icon images. No matter what size. I have Windows 10 and all the suggestions I read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MPishoto, Jun 5, 2019.

1. MPishoto Win User

Can't view pictures on image icons

Hi

Lately I've had this issue - I can't see the pictures of the icon images. No matter what size. I have Windows 10 and all the suggestions I read here do not work/apply. I've reset my computer not long ago, so maybe this is part of the problem?

:)

MPishoto, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      Can't view pictures on image icons acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

Can't view pictures on image icons 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 5, 2019
  3. How To Convert Icons into Pictures

Hello,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Have you downloaded the images to your PC or Phone?
    • What is the make and model of your phone?

If you want to change the view type of the images in your PC, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to the images location on the hard drive.
    • In the File ribbon, click on View.
    • Select Large Icons from the list of display type.

Also, as you are facing issue with Start Menu, follow the steps provided in the link below:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Can't view pictures on image icons

Change view layout for pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it works,

Make sure that the "Always show icon, never thumbnail option is unchecked".

Follow the steps below to do so:

• Type File explorer options in search tab and enter
    • Go to view tab
    Under advance settings make sure that the "Always show icon, never thumbnail option is unchecked"

Please reply us for further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Can't view pictures on image icons

1. Can't view pictures on image icons - Similar Threads - Can't view pictures

2. Unable to view images as icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to view images as icons: Hello. I use the latest version 21H2 OS build 19044, 1566 of Windows 10. Recently I uploaded some images from my Nokia G10 Android. I was able to view the images as icons. Then I added the Nokia G10 folder to OneDrive and uploaded them. The following day, I was unable to view...
  3. Unable to view images as icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view images as icons: Hello. I use the latest version 21H2 OS build 19044, 1566 of Windows 10. Recently I uploaded some images from my Nokia G10 Android. I was able to view the images as icons. Then I added the Nokia G10 folder to OneDrive and uploaded them. The following day, I was unable to view...
  4. Unable to view images as icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't view some pictures

I can't view some pictures: I can't view some of my pictures, all you see is PDF ,not the pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-view-some-pictures/8dde2cba-22bf-40a1-8cbd-f3d9c509ddb1
  6. Picture View Gone From Desktop Replaced with Image File Icon or PDF Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture View Gone From Desktop Replaced with Image File Icon or PDF Icon: I download lots of photos to use elsewhere on the web like my Etsy site. Since the most recent update 5-7-20 all my photos on my desktop are now a picture of a blue mountain with a moon as in it's an "image file". I need to see the pictures. I don't want to have to click on...
  7. Pictures View Gone From Desktop Replaced with Image File Icon or PDF Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures View Gone From Desktop Replaced with Image File Icon or PDF Icon: I download lots of photos to use elsewhere on the web like my Etsy site. Since the most recent update 5-7-20 all my photos on my desktop are now a picture of a blue mountain with a moon as in it's an "image file". I need to see the pictures. I don't want to have to click on...
  8. Picture jpg views as icons

Picture jpg views as icons: When I moved my picture files to a new computer, the views were all changed and mixed, and I can't change them all to actual picture icons as I had before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-jpg-views-as-icons/9af10df9-aee3-4a29-9b4e-95c19d6b64d1"
  9. picture view instead of Icon

picture view instead of Icon: for some reason when I open a folder with pictures the icon of a blue mountain in a box appears for each picture. If I use the feature of slide show they pics display ok and I can individually click icon to open the picture and that displays ok. And some times the pic will...
  10. File Explore.. viewing picture icon

File Explore.. viewing picture icon: I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a email or text message and I did not have to memorize the file name instead of looking at the picture and choosing it.. why...