Windows 10: can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10

Discus and support can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I have to look for older emails by clicking "search online" in the mail app, the old emails load in the side bar. However, when I try to click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dianar_654, Aug 26, 2020.

1. can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10

When I have to look for older emails by clicking "search online" in the mail app, the old emails load in the side bar. However, when I try to click on an email to view it, the emails in the side bar systematically collapse and disappear as though they were being deleted until the side bar is empty and there's nothing to view. When I search for the emails again, they're still there, but the same thing happens every time I try to open an email.

This has been going on for weeks now. I tried restarting my computer, logging out of my account and logging back in, and I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

:)

dianar_654, Aug 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 search does not search emails.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• Which email are you using? Is it the email client or the mail app?
    • Did you try the same after restarting the computer?
    • Did you install any third party Security applications?
    • When you say you tried repairing, which repair did you mention? Is it the inbuilt troubleshooter?
    I suggest you to run Search and Indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If you are using the mail app, I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Issue with Signing out on Mail in Windows 10, emails are not showing in Mail app

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) When you say Gmail is connected to Mail, so email shows up, Are you trying to say, no emails shows up?

2) Are you able to view the Emails, when you login to your Gmail account/dell account, through browser?

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot sign out form Email account through Windows 10 Mail app. However, you can remove the account from the Mail app.

Since, the emails are not showing up in Windows 10 Mail app, is it might occur if the Emails are not getting synced with Mail app.

I suggest you to performing Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Search
      area on the taskbar.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 26, 2020
  4. can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10

i can,t receive any email from my mail apps

Hi Elienahri,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail app?

2) Do you receive any error message, while trying to send/receive Emails on Windows Mail app?

3) What is the make and model of your Computer?

If you are referring to Windows 10 Mail app, I suggest you to Windows 10 app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Search
      area on the taskbar.

For more information, you may also refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10

1. can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't view search

2. windows 11 mail app shows the email using the search, but regular viewing the inbox doesn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 mail app shows the email using the search, but regular viewing the inbox doesn't: My Yahoo and mail accounts are connected to Windows Mail.Windows 11 mail app shows the email using the search, but regular viewing the inbox doesn't show some dates.eg. shows the emails from until the 06 March and 10 March. Not showing emails in between.Some other emails not...
  3. Windows 10 email allows me to search online for older emails but does not allow me to view...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 email allows me to search online for older emails but does not allow me to view...: Windows 10 email allows me to search online for older emails but does not allow me to open or view them even when online. When I click on the email, all emails scroll up and disappear....
  4. Mail 10 App - Search Online emails can't be opened and looks like it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail 10 App - Search Online emails can't be opened and looks like it: Hello! This might be a bit challenging to write out, but I am having trouble with the 'search online' function of Mail 10. What happens is: I'll put in a keyword and then hit 'search online' for older emails, which will then get populated correctly. When I click on the...
  5. Windows 10 email online search list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 email online search list: Hi, When I search for old emails using the 'nothing found, search online' facility . A list associated with the search appears, when I try and open one email within that list, all the emails rapidly open and close in sequence, and disappear from the search pane. If I use...
  6. Mail App Search Online not working properly

Mail App Search Online not working properly: Whenever, I perform a search for older email, the email is found, but once I click on the email to view it, it disappears. To elaborate further, if I search a keyword I might get 20 results, but as soon as I click on one of the results, each email disappears one by one from...
  7. Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Mail "Search Online" stopped working: Hello, I think this just started with the latest update to the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar App. When I do a search for something and have to click on "Search Online" to get older results, when I click on any of those results the app starts "deleting" the entire search...
  8. Search for Mail App Email Profiles?

Search for Mail App Email Profiles?: Hi all, Anyone know if there's a way to search whether users may have added in an email into the Mail App and if there's a way to prevent users from using it? I know you can remove it via PowerShell, but would like to get an idea of how many users actually may have added...
  9. Mail App crashes when viewing emails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App crashes when viewing emails: Hello there, new to the forums, and in need of a bit of help. I've come across a strange issue where my mail app will abruptly close/crash when trying to view any emails on any accounts. As well as crashing when trying to input text into the text field of the email itself....
  10. Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails: Hi I am on a local ISP (mail.naples.net) that uses POP3 and would like to use the Windows 10 mail client. I can receive emails no problem but am not able to send. It just stays in OUTBOX. The only error message I can find is 'attention required' in the accounts tab when I go...