Windows 10: Can't view videos on facebook

Discus and support Can't view videos on facebook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can view videos on youtube perfectly fine. However, when I try to view a video on facebook it tells me I need to install Adobe Flash Player. When I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rwains33, May 12, 2016.

1. rwains33 Win User

Can't view videos on facebook

I can view videos on youtube perfectly fine. However, when I try to view a video on facebook it tells me I need to install Adobe Flash Player. When I click on "Install Adobe" it redirects me to a page that says I already have windows 10 and flash player is integrated into windows 10 so I cannot install it. It also suggested that maybe my shockwave add-on wasn't enabled but it is. I also tried disabling the Active-X add-on. It didn't work. Is there any other reason why videos on facebook wouldn't be working?
    *Huh

I have an HP Stream 11 running Windows 10
    It is brand new- just arrived yesterday

:)

rwains33, May 12, 2016
  2. peter7769 Win User

Can't View Facebook Videos??

I have just installed & tried smart movie player to see if that would work, but im afraid no joy
    [/i]

peter7769, May 12, 2016
  3. peter7769 Win User
    Can't View Facebook Videos??

Hmm, that's interesting. Yours probably has a plugin or something that will let you do it. Though, it would probably help if we knew what phone he was using. Then we would know if he can or not. Because I've tried on my E63, and it won't work. But since
    yours is an Nseries, its probably different.

I did say earlier that i have a nokia 5800 and as far as im aware it already has real player installed so looks like

thats a no no [/i]

peter7769, May 12, 2016
  4. Can't view videos on facebook

It could be Facebook end as I know they are trying to upgrade their forum
    Also are you using Face book App via Windows 10 or via Browser

hTconeM9user, May 13, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Your best bet is to ask the folks who use HP Stream 11. They should know about the tablet/PC inside out and migh have a trick or 2 to help you.
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...1/td-p/5168621

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't view videos on facebook

1. Can't view videos on facebook - Similar Threads - Can't view videos

2. facebook video chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    facebook video chat: something happened in the last 2 weeks and now I can not make a video call at facebook messenger... I am using windows 10 with the latest feature update 21h1... when I open camera on my computer I can see myself... tried 2 browsers Edge and Chrome... when I click on camera...
  3. I can't create live videos on Facebook!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't create live videos on Facebook!: My camera and microphone have suddenly stopped functioning! Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-live-videos-on-facebook/04f6b26c-25fa-4cae-8469-9d777fe82a4f
  4. live video facebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live video facebook: When i click on the live video tile, the live video page is not loading. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-video-facebook/f00cef4a-f000-4c9d-bf55-ec949332128e
  5. Facebook video & Skype video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook video & Skype video: I'm having weird problems using Facebook Video, Google Video & Skype Video. If I try either of these between two computers here, the video picture will come up on one but not the other. When we skyped someone from away recently, their picture would come up but the volume was...
  6. video on facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video on facebook: how do I switch on the video and microphone on facebook calls. It used to work just fine , now it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-on-facebook/3dd085d6-5dfe-4425-aa87-5d6cacc6ff97
  7. Video magnification on facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video magnification on facebook: Just installed Windows 10 (!) On facebook, some videos playback at a highly magnified size (50 0r 60 times) How do imfix this?? Thanks :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-magnification-on-facebook/c4b695f7-e25f-4a8a-9dd7-a44174cd8926
  8. Viewing video in facebook and youtube

in Browsers and Email
    Viewing video in facebook and youtube: Hi everyone. I've recently started having problems viewing videos in facebook and some on you tube although sound is ok, tried uninstalling flash and re-installing to no avail (running chrome browser). In edge browser videos can be viewed but sound varies between none to...
  9. facebook video not working

in Browsers and Email
    facebook video not working: is anyone else having problems with facebook videos ? i get sound but not the picture , youtube video's work fine 22414
  10. BSOD viewing youtube and facebook videos - Runs fine on most games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD viewing youtube and facebook videos - Runs fine on most games.: Hey all, I have been experiencing a BSOD for months now whilst viewing facebook videos, and youtube videos. IT also happens when I load some games such as Kings of men, but runs CS GO for example go at 190+ fps perfectly fine (and most games at 60 fps) . I cannot for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. facebook cant view videos

2. cant view facebook videos