Windows 10: cant view Windows Product Key with the WMIC command

Discus and support cant view Windows Product Key with the WMIC command in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I wanted to check on my windows product key and I used the well known 02 methods: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NoorKareem, Dec 27, 2019.

1. cant view Windows Product Key with the WMIC command

I wanted to check on my windows product key and I used the well known 02 methods:

1. wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    2. powershell "Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’.OA3xOriginalProductKey"

However, the commands aren't retrieving any product key and no error messages are being shown.

Background: I have the product key printed on the CD and from the Activation settings, I can see that the product is activated. Re-entering the same product key is not an issue and reaffirms to me that the product is activated. However, when I try to check on the product key in CMD or PowerShell, i am getting nothing screenshot.

cant view Windows Product Key with the WMIC command 87395d2b-7ecc-49b5-b351-b120da4a144f?upload=true.jpg

Is there something wrong with how I am approaching this? Why cant I see the product key in this machine while I can able to do so in my other machine?

:)

NoorKareem, Dec 27, 2019

2. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Dec 27, 2019
  4. cant view Windows Product Key with the WMIC command

Product Key 25-character

For you to reveal your product key, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (admin).
    • Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Hit Enter.
    • The product key will be revealed.

You can also contact the manufacturer of your computer since you have the Service tag number.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

cant view Windows Product Key with the WMIC command

1. cant view Windows Product Key with the WMIC command - Similar Threads - cant view Product

2. Alias not found wmic command is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alias not found wmic command is not working: Device name Amit Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1155G7 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable Device ID 6942A759-C971-4FB6Product ID 00342-43303-44677-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is...
  3. Alias not found wmic command is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alias not found wmic command is not working: Device name Amit Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1155G7 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable Device ID 6942A759-C971-4FB6Product ID 00342-43303-44677-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is...
  4. Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt: 1 I had to replace my MOBO to comply with MS Windows 11 requirements and now I can't view it in an elevated command prompt window with the command: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. Why is that?2 I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Windows...
  5. Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replaced MOBO, now can't view Product Key in elevated command prompt: 1 I had to replace my MOBO to comply with MS Windows 11 requirements and now I can't view it in an elevated command prompt window with the command: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. Why is that?2 I wanted to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Windows...
  6. WMIC is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    WMIC is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH]WMIC is a command-line tool that is used to perform WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) operations. The WMI allows scripting languages that let users manage their servers and personal computers running on the Windows operating systems. You can run WMI commands to...
  7. Cant Delete Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant Delete Product Key: [ATTACH]Hi all, I'm having trouble deleting my product key, why am I doing this? Because I accidentally bought an illegal license, and I always try to delete my product key by entering the code slmgr.vbs / upk in cmd, and when I restart, the license keeps coming back, is...
  8. where to view Office product key

where to view Office product key: where to view Office product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-view-office-product-key/06df4f8c-ddc7-4e1b-a8f9-21caa60158d0
  9. Viewing my products / keys?

Viewing my products / keys?: I have 5 different PC's, all with either purchased Home / Pro versions of Win10, or, Upgraded from 7/8 Home / Pro versions of Win10. I only recently discovered that the keys are now being linked to accounts vs having to enter in a product key upon a new installation. How...
  10. Cant change product key?

Cant change product key?: When I click on change product key, I got some sound, settings freeze, and thats it. Bug? 12407

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmic path softwarelicensingservice get oa3xoriginalproductkey blank

2. OA3xOriginalProductKey we couldnt verify thr product key

3. wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKe not working

4. command oa3xoriginalproductkey just comes bakc with oa3xoriginalproductkey,
  5. oa3xoriginalproductkey is blank,
  6. what to do if wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey does not give me my product key,
  7. wmic path softwarelicensingservice get oa3xoriginalproductkey black result,
  8. wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey doesnt work