Windows 10: Can't wake computer from sleep

Discus and support Can't wake computer from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So this is my current problem: ever since I upgraded to an SSD and did a clean install of windows 10, I can't wake up my computer from sleep. On my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GentlemanZ, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Can't wake computer from sleep

So this is my current problem: ever since I upgraded to an SSD and did a clean install of windows 10, I can't wake up my computer from sleep. On my old hard drive I did not have this problem. Whenever the screen times out, my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and nothing I do will wake up the screen. My only option is to use the computer's power button to turn it off and then on. The computer on/off indicator is solid meaning the actual computer isn't in sleep, just my two monitors are black. In addition, when I manually put the computer into sleep it doesn't actually sleep the computer; once again, only my monitors go black and mouse/keyboard don't work. I've looked around for fixes to this problem, but so far I haven't found anything that works.

EDIT: The cause of the problem might be that I installed windows using a usb and booting from it initially as an efi device. My system has an efi partition, and when I installed windows on my brother's computer which is identical to mine using the usb normally, his computer can sleep/shut down normally. Any fixes for this?

:)

GentlemanZ, Aug 1, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Power management

Your computer can't check for new messages while it's sleeping. If you are asking: Does my computer check for new messages when it wakes from sleep? That depends on how often you choose to check for new messages.

For example, in your email settings if you chose to check for new mail every 30 minutes, and your computer wakes from sleep and calculates that more than 30 minutes have passed since the last time it checked for new message, then your computer will check
    for new messages.

When your computer enters sleep the hardware still has a tiny bit of power, which makes it faster to return to full functioning when you wake the computer.

BulldogXX, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Wndows 10 won't wake from sleep using keyboard

Latest issue:

When computer goes into sleep mode, I can't wake it up using keyboard (space bar worked in Win 7). I have keyboard and mouse set to "wake from sleeping" but it doesn't matter.

I changed necessary controls in Power Options Advanced control still nothing:

Allow Hybrid Sleep - On

Hibernate - Never

Allow Wake Timers - Disable

Power Button Action - Shut Down

Sleep Button Action: Sleep

I am using a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard

Razer Diamondback 3G mouse

pbrugalett, Aug 1, 2016
Thema:

Can't wake computer from sleep

1. Can't wake computer from sleep - Similar Threads - Can't wake computer

2. Computer keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps waking from sleep: My computer (fully up-to-date - 19042.746) Windows 10 Home x64 wakes from sleep constantly. This is what is waking the computer: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  3. Can't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't wake from sleep: So I've been on the Insider 20H2 build for a couple of weeks now. I've noticed that my laptop frequently crashes on sleep and won't wake up. Sometimes it would just refuse to go into sleep and get stuck till a force restart and sometimes it would just straight up turn of when...
  4. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  5. Computer doesn’t wake from sleep

Computer doesn’t wake from sleep: Each time I walk away from my HP laptop running windows 10 and it goes to sleep, it won't wake up without a forced restart. All Windows updates have been run. All HP hardware and software updates have been run as in completed. Here are what the power settings and the...
  6. Can't get computer to wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get computer to wake up from sleep.: Did a clean install of windows 10, there are only 5 apps installed, Firefox browser, Quicken, QuickBooks, Thunderbird email program and Bitfdefender. Computer works fine until it is not used for a while and goes into sleep mode. Cannot get it to wake up and there seems to be...
  7. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  8. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  9. Computer wont wake from sleep

Computer wont wake from sleep: I have been reading forum posts about this since it seems to be a common problem, but I have tried everything that I have read about with no changes. I have a Dell 13 9370 with the latest version of Windows 10 (version 1903). I have tried: Adjust the power settings....
  10. Multiple computers waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple computers waking from sleep: All of a sudden (perhaps since 1903 was installed) three of my computers are waking themselves up from sleep. I can put them back to sleep but invariably they will soon be back awake. AFAICT once they are awakened they will not go back to sleep. This is not happening to all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft sidewinder x4 not waking from sleep