Windows 10: Can't watch 4K movies

Discus and support Can't watch 4K movies in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have searched and searched and tried every "fix" but nothing seems to work. VLC, plays but the video is very laggy with grey pixels everywhere.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gettheclicker, May 15, 2017.

1. Can't watch 4K movies

I have searched and searched and tried every "fix" but nothing seems to work.

VLC, plays but the video is very laggy with grey pixels everywhere.

Windows Media Player has perfect video but no sound.

Divx Has video but no sound. Trying to enable sound brings an in-app box that says my codec is expired and needs me to purchase the update.

5k Player plays with video AND sound but it won't let me switch audio from french to english.

Windows 10, 32 gigs DDR3, GTX1080 FE, AMD FX 8350, Seagate SSHDD.

It seems like between the 4 players I have every codec needed just not in the same program.

:)

gettheclicker, May 15, 2017
  2. Debley Win User

Xbox one **** 4k error

I have stumbled upon the same error while watching a 4K movie from a USB 3.0 stick but as the OP said in his post the error is on an Xbox One X so there is limited options in troubleshooting.

Please advise.

Debley, May 15, 2017
  3. NoahBeal Win User
    Why is Windows 10 Movies and Tv app stuttering?

I have 2 screens, one an actual 1440p 144hz monitor and the other is my 4k TV. When I try and watch movies I've downloaded on my PC in Movies and TV on my 4k TV screen in stutters and lags. They're fine on my normal monitor and it also seems to get worse
    when i fullscreen the application? I recently installed VLC to fix it but I would like to know why it stutters and how I can fix it on their app. I have a gtx 1080, i7-6700k all drivers and windows updated.

NoahBeal, May 15, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

Can't watch 4K movies

Try Media Player Classic:

Downloads · MPC-HC

I also have the "full" version of the K-Lite Codec Pack installed, but I'm not sure that it matters. (I installed it mainly for the QuickTime codecs.)

bobkn, May 15, 2017
  5. Bat 1 Win User
    You playing from actual Blu Ray discs ?

Bat 1, May 15, 2017
  6. I got it to work on Windows Media Player, turns out I didn't have the K-Lite codec pack installed. Still doesn't work on DivX or VLC which are the two main applications I use but no biggy.

gettheclicker, May 16, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Try Leawo player. I use it for watching .mkv files that I have on my Plex server. Best Free Blu-ray Player Software for Windows - Leawo Blu-ray Player VLC does not use external codecs, since they are built into the player. Since VLC uses hardware decoding, there is no need for external. As for lag and other issues, You would need to run a baseline with no other background items running to cause the media file to have issues. It does help to know if you created these files on your own or downloaded them. If downloaded from say alluc .ee you can have issues with it being the file not the player. The other is if they are being streamed off of a NAS or another computer with wireless, that can be a issue. If on your hard drive and not streamed over wireless, we can rule that out.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't watch 4K movies

1. Can't watch 4K movies - Similar Threads - Can't watch movies

2. I can't watch a rented movie

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't watch a rented movie: Hello, i've rented a movie but can't watch it. If I click on 'watch; and it says "can't get you there" first pic. If I click 'close' the only option given, it shows 0 videos second pic, on my PC. Why is this? Could it be because the site was german, and i live in romania?...
  3. I can't watch a rented movie

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't watch a rented movie: Hello, i've rented a movie but can't watch it. If I click on 'watch; and it says "can't get you there" first pic. If I click 'close' the only option given, it shows 0 videos second pic, on my PC. Why is this? Could it be because the site was german, and i live in romania?...
  4. I can't watch a rented movie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UMMM.. no 4k movies on windows PC?

UMMM.. no 4k movies on windows PC?: So, I just built a theater PC and I downloaded 1TB of my "purchased" movies to my HDD in case of outages and flash forward to this week. I started up my 4k OLED LG tv and my computer only to be greeted by what I describe as a **** picture quality. There should be ZERO reason...
  6. Rented a movie, can't watch it

Rented a movie, can't watch it: I tried renting a movie from my Mac. Paid for it and then realized I can't watch it on a non-Windows machine. For the life of me I don't know why this is the case, but ok. I fired up a Windows 10 machine that I have, logged in and instead of it showing the movie in the...
  7. Rented a movie, can't watch it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rented a movie, can't watch it: I tried renting a movie from my Mac. Paid for it and then realized I can't watch it on a non-Windows machine. For the life of me I don't know why this is the case, but ok. I fired up a Windows 10 machine that I have, logged in and instead of it showing the movie in the...
  8. Can't watch movies . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't watch movies . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I have a shortcut,for over 50 movies.For some reason, I can't watch any of them?These are all moviesI've, watched in the past.New or old, I just can't see them.When I try, to watch them. The circle, on the screen.Just, spins...
  9. watching movies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    watching movies: When I am watching a movie I get an extension popping up wanting to control video. Sometimes when I move my mouse towards it the extension disappears. I can click on the extension but I can not delete the extension. The extension restarts the video at various times and is...
  10. How to watch a movie on movie maker?

How to watch a movie on movie maker?: Every time I want to watch a video I made on movie maker or edit it (even if it's already been saved) you only get to see it in windows media player, the other problem is, it doesn't let you watch it. I've looked at everything that can help, (I already know, but also not so...