Windows 10: Can't watch films and game at the same time

Discus and support Can't watch films and game at the same time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I run dual monitors and When I was rocking windows 8.1 I could game and watch movies at the same time with with no problems. Now I have upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dorito, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Dorito Win User

Can't watch films and game at the same time

I run dual monitors and When I was rocking windows 8.1 I could game and watch movies at the same time with with no problems.

Now I have upgraded to 10, every time I try and watch something the picture lags but the not the sound when I'm on a game. But if I select the tab running the film it runs fine even with the game running in the background. But as soon a select the game it go's back to being crap and stutters/lags.

This happens while using VLC, windows media player and streaming online with things like YouTube, Netflix and everything you could think of for streaming films.

I've done many scans to check for a virus and nothing came up.

Probably not the cause but the game I play is called warframe.

Any advise would be great.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Dorito, Aug 30, 2015
  2. mouse298 Win User

lumia 900

every time i call, txt, watch films, play music or play games on my lumia 900 the phone will vibrate and go either into its bing search mode or it will go into the open app mode i've tried restarting it with waiting 20secs but it still does the same can
    anyone help PLEASE

mouse298, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Since installing Windows 10 Apps Say I'm offline even though I am connected to the internet

Nope. None of the above fixes worked.. Tried to watch a movie I'd bought from Microsoft and DOWNLOADED to my HD a month or so ago, and now I can't watch it (Or any of the others) Pop Up says I'm not connected to the internet etc. No problem, I thought,
    just reboot off-line and watch my $20 film, (Which is on my HD!) No joy! Pop Up said I had to go online to validate etc, went online, and yes, Pop up still said I was offline and wouldn't let me play any of the 13 films I had so trustingly purchased from the
    Microsoft store.

And as for Onedrive... Haven't tried to save anything there for some time. Same problem.

Had no such problem with Dropbox, or ANY other connected program.

I'm not asking for help, I'm an old man who is not all that techie and doesn't understand a lot of the 'Advice'..

Guess I'm just venting.

$260.00 Worth of MS films that I can't watch. Go figure.

KimGleghorn, Aug 30, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

That is because there are still problems with resource management. 10525, which comes out in Oct. as 10.1, is supposed to fix some of those issues.

bro67, Aug 30, 2015
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Why would you want to ?

AddRAM, Aug 30, 2015
  6. Dorito Win User
    Because I enjoy it

Dorito, Aug 30, 2015
  7. Dorito Win User
    Thanks dude

Dorito, Aug 30, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

Yup. Sometimes I might be gaming plus watching the football and streaming the tennis or athletics or whatever. Don't want to miss nothing just 'cos I'm gaming.

WhyMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't watch films and game at the same time - Similar Threads - Can't watch films

2. Unable to open multiple Media Players or Films & TV instances at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open multiple Media Players or Films & TV instances at the same time.: This completely baffles me as I could have sworn this was a feature in 10, I don't understand why this is an issue. It's so basic. I want to watch two .mp4 video files side by side to compare them. When I click on one file it opens either Media Player or the Films & TV...
  3. Unable to open multiple Media Players or Films & TV instances at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open multiple Media Players or Films & TV instances at the same time.: This completely baffles me as I could have sworn this was a feature in 10, I don't understand why this is an issue. It's so basic. I want to watch two .mp4 video files side by side to compare them. When I click on one file it opens either Media Player or the Films & TV...
  4. Bluescreen while watching films

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen while watching films: So I have a problem with my device where when I watch a movie I get a blue screen. But when I play something or use the device the bluescreen does not appear. I would be happy to help.I have windows 10...
  5. Bluescreen while watching films

Bluescreen while watching films: So I have a problem with my device where when I watch a movie I get a blue screen. But when I play something or use the device the bluescreen does not appear. I would be happy to help.I have windows 10...
  6. Bluescreen while watching films

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. watching films on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    watching films on laptop: have my Huawei laptop with Windows 10 on it and I play Netflix from the App. The video starts and plays like normal for about 5-8 minutes, then the screen size in the video player changes size about every 6 seconds creating a flickering. It flickers from one screen size to...
  8. BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time: Been trying to find out what is causing this BSOD unhandled system thread exception dxgmms2.sys for a long time now and I think I know what is causing it, just don't know how to fix it. So for 5 years I have been seeing the following issue popup in the vent viewer and...
  9. Errors playing and downloading films with Film & TV or Movies & TV ... Same app different...

Errors playing and downloading films with Film & TV or Movies & TV ... Same app different...: This is a PC Film & TV issue not an XBox issue. I part watched a film then left it so I could sleep. When I went back to it it would not play. Just remained on a black screen. I tried downloading it, it would not download, stuck on pending then an error. Tried playing a...
  10. How to Watch Videos at 1.5x speed in "Films & TV" app

How to Watch Videos at 1.5x speed in "Films & TV" app: Hi Team, Could you please advice how to Watch Videos at 1.5x speed in the default app "Films & TV". Please advise. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-watch-videos-at-15x-speed-in-films-tv-app/313d8bc8-ba3a-4508-a3e2-2f086b239bd1