Windows 10: Cant watch video while gaming

Discus and support Cant watch video while gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, Dont know if this is the right place to post this but i give it a try. I am unable to watch a movie or look at youtube videos when i am gaming at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Exotis, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Exotis Win User

Cant watch video while gaming

Hi, Dont know if this is the right place to post this but i give it a try. I am unable to watch a movie or look at youtube videos when i am gaming at the same time. The symptom is that the video laggs but the audio is fine sometimes. its like its dropping frames but when i highlight chrome that i use the problem goes away. what could cause this. The problem started right after i installed windows 10.

i am using mpc-hc to watch movies and i am using chrome to watch youtube. I have tried internet explorer but the problem is still there.

using windows 10, gtx 970 and 16 gigs of ram so my hardware can handle it.

hope i can get this fixed.

:)

Exotis, Sep 2, 2015

2. Decoding error while playing video online

Facing the same problem.. Decode error While watching videos on lumia 720.. Please do something.. Want to throw away this phone.. Cant watch videos.. Cant listen to music coz I am unable to subscribe to nokia music.. What is this phone good for??

DivyaJain90, Sep 2, 2015
  3. ushariff Win User
    YouTube videos dnt play decode error

Hello sir I cant watch any videos since 1month due to decoding error while watching it so try to solve d prblm ...

ushariff, Sep 2, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

Why are you trying to game and watch a movie at the same time ?

AddRAM, Sep 3, 2015
  5. Exotis Win User
    Lets say i'm playing world of warcraft or another time consuming games and want something else to watch while i do the boring stuff on the game.

Exotis, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    Just an observation: playing games takes a considerable amount of the computer's resources just as watching videos can use quite a bit of memory. If the games and videos are using the Internet then the bandwidth needed is great and may be limited by the ISP one is signed up with. Frame dropping is an indication that bandwidth is an issue, always limited to some extent due to the Internet speed.

In such a situation of wanting both visible at the same time it may be best to set up a system that can use 2 monitors, one for each purpose [games on one, videos on the other].

Berton, Sep 3, 2015
  7. Exotis Win User
    I looked up how much resources the computer uses when gaming and trying to watch a movie and its at 25% to 36% of cpu power and uses almost no network and my memory staying solid at 39%. it all worked like a charm when i was using windows 8 so i don't know why its a problem on 10. also my internet speed is 100 mb/s up and down

Exotis, Sep 3, 2015
  8. Berton Win User

I'd love to have a 100Mbps download speed but with my 1.39Mbps Internet connection I do good to get about 150Kbps, still much better than a 56Kbps dial-up and 1.5-3Kbps download. I have a download of 1.5GB running and looks like it will be a total of 4.2 Hours.
    8 bits = 1 Byte
    1024 Bytes = 1 KiloByte [KB]

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant watch video while gaming - Similar Threads - Cant watch video

2. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  3. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  4. BSOD Issues while Gaming or Watching videos

BSOD Issues while Gaming or Watching videos: Hello dear Support people, I've been having Multiple BSOD issues while playing games or even watching Videos with a PC I built myself and I have been hoping someone might be able to help me find out what is the cause of all of them and how to fix them. Here is the Event...
  5. BSOD while gaming / watching videos / randomly

BSOD while gaming / watching videos / randomly: I have been getting errors and crashes for a few months, but it's been happening more and more frequently and it's driving me crazy. I just finished doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and now it's still occurring. I upgraded all my drivers and it didn't help. I tried sfc...
  6. Bluescreens while gaming/watching videos

Bluescreens while gaming/watching videos: Hey, Over the past few days, I've had bluescreens while playing Dota 2 and watching videos on Youtube and Crunchyroll in google chrome. Could someone please take a look at the attached files and help out? Your time is much appreciated, thanks a lot! 62932
  7. BSOD daily while gaming & watching videos

BSOD daily while gaming & watching videos: Running: GPU - R9 380 4gb. CPU - i5 4460. RAM - 8gb balistix ram. PS - CS550 M corsair. Mobo - MSI b85 G41 I have been crashing very frequently while running Overwatch (exists out of the program) as well as occasional 1-2 a day *BSODS usually during game. This is...
  8. BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game

BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game: the bsod seems to always happens when i watch a Youtube video and play a small game like Zombidle. i've also had my computer freeze completely, as in the monitor is on with what i was doing but i couldn't move my mouse or do anything at that point i would do a hard reset to...
  9. BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos

BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos: Hello and thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me. For the past month or so I've been getting more and more BSODs with different error messages each time. They mainly occur when I'm playing games (Starcraft 2, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare), browsing the...
  10. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos: Hello, I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having YouTube or twitch.tv up on another monitor my computer will eventually freeze and require power cycling. No BSOD no errors in...