Windows 10: Can't windows devs release bugs-free updates ? Connecting to Hidden Networks is a nightmare!!

Discus and support Can't windows devs release bugs-free updates ? Connecting to Hidden Networks is a nightmare!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I just don't understand why my saved hidden network doesn't show up with its name? And whenever I try to connect by writing SSID and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nihad-G, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Can't windows devs release bugs-free updates ? Connecting to Hidden Networks is a nightmare!!

Can't windows devs release bugs-free updates ? Connecting to Hidden Networks is a nightmare!! J3CjOAIFbC2B658TWAKgn-Vxe86Om2XUK6IxXejLrpY.jpg

I just don't understand why my saved hidden network doesn't show up with its name?

And whenever I try to connect by writing SSID and password correctly it shows up "Can't connect to this network.".

It is so extremely frustrating! I feel like these Windows 10 developers gave the promise to break something every time with their new updates. Instead of changing some icons maybe try to fix bugs and provide a more stable OS ?

This started to happen after I upgraded to 1909 and it also happens on 2004 update.

https://preview.redd.it/8gblib8x4up...bp&s=545270ef41986029fb63831a6434d4eb0a337618

submitted by /u/Nihad-G
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nihad-G, Mar 30, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

W10H cannot connect to hidden network

nope running 380.62 didn't knew there were a 380.63 I will update later properly

yeh when the network is visible it connects just fine.

puma99dk|, May 25, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User

I've had no issues connecting to a hidden SSID before, I would assume it is a driver or entry issue. SSID must be EXACTLY as it would be broadcasted, or you will not connect. Sounds like you have that sorted already with your iPhone though.

Have you tried this solution for adding a hidden network to Windows 10?

Seems pretty odd, not much out there..one MS article states to try older WiFi drivers and for some reason to install updated keyboard drivers (LOL). I'd try the 380.63 driver as you said you haven't yet and report back when you can.

I just checked with my work laptop, a Lenovo Carbon X1 2016, and it connects to Win 10 hidden SSID's just fine... 2.4 and 5.0GHz networks, N and AC. I have an Intel AC-8620 though...

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 25, 2020
  4. Can't windows devs release bugs-free updates ? Connecting to Hidden Networks is a nightmare!!

Do you have the current 380. 63?

Also when the network is not hidden I'm assuming the device in question can connect fine?

jboydgolfer, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't windows devs release bugs-free updates ? Connecting to Hidden Networks is a nightmare!!

1. Can't windows devs release bugs-free updates ? Connecting to Hidden Networks is a nightmare!! - Similar Threads - Can't devs release

2. Connect a network drive hidden?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect a network drive hidden?: Hi,I'm trying to connect a network drive that should be hidden and only be able to access with the given name of the Folder. Now in Windows 7 i was able to do that using this command in the Command Prompt and it is not shown in the File Explorer but i cant access it with the...
  3. Can't connect to the "hidden" network on my Windows 10 Laptop

Can't connect to the "hidden" network on my Windows 10 Laptop: I've been trying simple methods such as forgetting the network, connecting again, reset the driver, uninstall and reinstall the driver and so on. It's like a matter of chance that my laptop connects to the hotspot. When I tried connecting to the same network on other devices,...
  4. Can't connect to the "hidden" network on my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to the "hidden" network on my Windows 10 Laptop: I've been trying simple methods such as forgetting the network, connecting again, reset the driver, uninstall and reinstall the driver and so on. It's like a matter of chance that my laptop connects to the hotspot. When I tried connecting to the same network on other devices,...
  5. Can't connect to the "hidden" network on my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Networking Nightmares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking Nightmares: I am soooo annoyed with the changes to windows and especially the loss of Homegroup function...I have not been able to get my home network computers to talk to each other properly for a long time.When searching I can find them, although not always in Network but the sharing...
  7. Networking Nightmares

Networking Nightmares: I am soooo annoyed with the changes to windows and especially the loss of Homegroup function...I have not been able to get my home network computers to talk to each other properly for a long time.When searching I can find them, although not always in Network but the sharing...
  8. Networking Nightmares

9. hidden network automatic connection

hidden network automatic connection: Hi there, I just purchased a small tablet computer and connecting to the wifi at home i notice in addition to my regular wifi network, it is connecting to a hidden network without my permission. I just unchecked the box that said connect automatically to the hidden...
  10. Hidden Network Bug

Hidden Network Bug: I'm using a wifi adapter for my PC. I restarted my computer today and when I got back on I found a Hidden Network in the networks that are shown. The main problem being it wont let me scroll to my own networks it is just stuck at selecting the Hidden Network.[ATTACH]...