Windows 10: Can't write in search bar, and hit enter in calculator does nothing

Discus and support Can't write in search bar, and hit enter in calculator does nothing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It is a really annoying problem, it has happened to me twice already. I had to reinstall windows again to be able to fix it the first time. Like I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CyraxSputnik, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Can't write in search bar, and hit enter in calculator does nothing

It is a really annoying problem, it has happened to me twice already. I had to reinstall windows again to be able to fix it the first time.

Like I said, from one moment to the next, I can't type in the search bar of windows explorer.

Also pressing enter in the windows calculator does not show the result.

Also when I press the windows key and then type something to search for it, nothing happens, it is as if the keyboard was dead. It's driving me crazy.

Anyone know any solution? First of all, Thanks

submitted by /u/CyraxSputnik
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CyraxSputnik, Jan 15, 2021

2. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Ma_Tu Win User
    I can't write on Microsoft Edge's startpage or Search Windows, the loading blue circle, and Background processes meddlling

• On Microsoft Edge's startpage & Search Windows. I can't write in those text boxes. It works normally if I'm on a different internet search engine or browser.
    • If I want to search for something in Search Windows, I have to write whatever I want to search for (such as the
      Calculator for example) somewhere else, highlight & copy it and paste it on the Windows Search textsearch bar.
    Example. I want to search for the
    Calculator. I click on Search Windows, click in its textbox, and I can't write "calculator" (as if I don't have a keyboard).

I open either a textbox in a browser (any textbox) or a text file, I write in there "calculator", highlight it with my mouse pointer or with my keyboard (ctrl+c
    OR right-click 'Copy'), then I right-click on Search Window's textbox & paste "calculator" . And it works, it shows me the Calculator.

• None.
    • 'Clearing' as in 'deleting' the cache and cookies? No.

*Update on the situation*

The computer at one point, while not on Microsoft Edge (I was using Chrome), freezes & the whole screen went dark. I could've seen only my mouse pointer & could move it.

I've restarted the computer and after I've introduced my PIN, on the desktop, two
    cmd.exe window pop-ups appeared & disappeared.

I've also observed that, on the right corner of the taskbar, it takes a while for my language bar to appear. For a moment or two, where the language bar is, it looked like a small empty space. It appears eventually but it takes a while to appear.

Ma_Tu, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Can't write in search bar, and hit enter in calculator does nothing

Lost my calculator on windows 10

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience cause to you. I will be glad to help you with this.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What exactly happen you try to install the calculator?
    • Did you tried installing the calculator from Windows store?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open calculator.

• Type run on the Windows search bar and select Run.

• Enter the command in box and press Enter.

%SystemRoot%\system32\calc.exe
    Hope it helps. Please let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Can't write in search bar, and hit enter in calculator does nothing

1. Can't write in search bar, and hit enter in calculator does nothing - Similar Threads - Can't write search

2. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  3. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  4. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't write anything in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't write anything in search bar: 1. Press Window+R 2. Write C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe 3. Hit Enter Hope it will work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-write-anything-in-search-bar/fb8743e0-3be2-46ae-9eef-fc6e5f5674ec
  6. Need to hit enter to search in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to hit enter to search in explorer: So I am having a problem with windows search. It works fine, except that I need to hit enter before it will execute the search. Has anyone seen this issue before? Windows 10 Pro, 1909, Build 18363.900 I have a different PC, Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 1607, Build...
  7. Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search: Hello! In Windows Search Win key + S the calculator, currency converter and other capabilities does not work for me.When I say it for Cortana it works, but in most cases typing would be better. Cortana is enabled and running, but somehow it does not integrate with Search....
  8. Windows 10 Search Bar Calculation Gone

Windows 10 Search Bar Calculation Gone: Hi all! I've noticed in the last month the calculation functionality in the Windows 10 Start menu search is gone. I used to be able to click the Windows key, and in the Start menu search bar type something like "2*2" and see the result. Now it seems to be completely gone, and...
  9. How do I show results without hitting enter in File Explorer search bar?!

How do I show results without hitting enter in File Explorer search bar?!: [IMG] submitted by /u/mytommy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5b3fs/how_do_i_show_results_without_hitting_enter_in/
  10. search bar doing nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    search bar doing nothing: the search bar in windows 10 by the windows icon does nothing, does not even search let along find anything 139939