Windows 10: Cant write in search windows

Discus and support Cant write in search windows in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Anyone can help me about it ? i cant write here or windows anywhere.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ZoneTR, Mar 28, 2020.

1. ZoneTR Win User

Cant write in search windows

Cant write in search windows 0345b47d-d135-4707-b6d4-770dc6475982?upload=true.jpg

Anyone can help me about it ?

i cant write here or windows anywhere.

:)

ZoneTR, Mar 28, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 28, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Cant write in search windows - Similar Threads - Cant write search

2. I cant write semicolon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant write semicolon: I cant use semicolon button on any keyboard i use via my laptop but the problem is i can write ::: with no problem when i press shift it works so i think there is a problem with software but i dont know how to fix it i already tried reinstalling the drivers / updating windows...
  3. I cant write semicolon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant write semicolon: I cant use semicolon button on any keyboard i use via my laptop but the problem is i can write ::: with no problem when i press shift it works so i think there is a problem with software but i dont know how to fix it i already tried reinstalling the drivers / updating windows...
  4. the instruction at 0x00007ff9eca655b8 memory cant be writing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the instruction at 0x00007ff9eca655b8 memory cant be writing: how to fix this error?my laptop its OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name YESHUA System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model Zephyrus M GU502GV_GU502GV...
  5. the instruction at 0x00007ff9eca655b8 memory cant be writing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the instruction at 0x00007ff9eca655b8 memory cant be writing: how to fix this error?my laptop its OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name YESHUA System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model Zephyrus M GU502GV_GU502GV...
  6. Can't write anything in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't write anything in search bar: 1. Press Window+R 2. Write C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe 3. Hit Enter Hope it will work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-write-anything-in-search-bar/fb8743e0-3be2-46ae-9eef-fc6e5f5674ec
  7. Inside the writing and search boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inside the writing and search boxes: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Hi When you start typing inside the boxes It shows a square shape and not a vertical line as imposed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inside-the-writing-and-search-boxes/a99ea174-c8d9-4e2c-8aa5-46d6cc3dee42
  8. cant write pinyin chinese word

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant write pinyin chinese word: i cant type chinese pinyin word even i change already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-write-pinyin-chinese-word/cfd8ccaa-bf21-44db-8eb3-6b1302a44063
  9. Cant Edit or Write to Registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant Edit or Write to Registry: I have been working with windows 10 X64 PRO for a little bit now. I can still not figure out why my scripts (.vbs) or .exe that I push to or use on my domain machines will not edit or create keys in the registry. The only way i can do it is to full kill UAC then reboot then...
  10. Windows 10 cant search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cant search: Hey, i recently got windows 10 and had that black screen cursor thing but i fixed it as one of these threads had a solution but anyway the Search the web and Windows wont work, when i click it nothing happens and i can't type anything. Please if anyone knows how to fix this...