Windows 10: Can't write to NAS - Linksys router

Discus and support Can't write to NAS - Linksys router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I plug in my 2 NAS drives via USB to my laptop I have full permissions to read/write. However, if I hook them up via USB to my Linksys router, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill Pardue bill, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Can't write to NAS - Linksys router

If I plug in my 2 NAS drives via USB to my laptop I have full permissions to read/write. However, if I hook them up via USB to my Linksys router, I can no longer write to the drives. I've beaten my head against the wall for months, just letting it go and not fixing it but it's really getting old because I need to use the extra storage space. The only thing checked under permissions for the 2 NAS drives when mapped and connected to the router is "special permissions". Again, this reverts to full administrator permissions if hooked up directly to my laptop. The settings for the router seem to be ok as far as shared folders so I don't know what else to try. I hope someone can advise.

:)

Bill Pardue bill, Jan 2, 2021

2. Setting up NAS on Linksys router

Just recently replaced my old Linksys EA6400 router with a new EA8300 router, and going through the config screens, I saw one where I could set up a NAS using a USB stick. So, I inserted a 64GB USB3 stick into the router, formatted it, and created folders on it. The Linksys then saw it and provided instructions for accessing the folders using an IP address local to my network.

So far, so good.

But, when I entered that IP address into File Explorer on my desktop in Win10 Pro 64-bit, it popped up an error message about security risks usin g SMB1 (or something like that) and refused to allow me to access the folders.

And while I have search online and found code I can run to "fix" this, I am at a loss to understand why a brand-new router from a well-known company would insist on using a deprecated feature in order to setup a NAS.

Also, is it safe to run the code to install SMB1? And, if not, is there any other way for the Win10 PCs to access the folders on the USB stick?

Mark Phelps, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Regarding Linksys Router

Hi

I am installing Linksys Router microsoft windows 7.1,It Showing me Error error, that system file is missing

When i update the mvct.dll file ,it shows the same error .

I get help from a website

myrouter.local | Linksys Router Login | http://myrouter.local

I just want to know is it compatible linksys router with windows 7

Steps i followed from this website help but not 100%

Kindly reply

AmanThakur_6, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Can't write to NAS - Linksys router

Setting up NAS on Linksys router

I'm sure your new router doesn't require the use of SMB1. There are many other ways to access that device. Since Linksys makes routers for everybody, ie: Windows machines, Unix machines, Apple machines etc. The best way to securely access your Mini-NAS ( I have one of those also), is to map it as network drive. This works just about any application. SMB1 has many security holes and have been exploited for a long time. The code still exists as of 1809 and can be installed (Via Windows Features) if you really want to proceed that way. Here is mine:

storageman, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Can't write to NAS - Linksys router

1. Can't write to NAS - Linksys router - Similar Threads - Can't write NAS

2. Can only read not write to external drives connected to Linksys router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can only read not write to external drives connected to Linksys router: I've been putting off trying to get this fixed since August but I can't write to either of the 2 external drives that I have connected to my Linksys router. It worked fine until then and I still am baffled why it changed to read-only. If I go to the security tab on the...
  3. USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.

USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.: It’s also recommended that you map the external drive on your computer for fast, easy access. Mapping a network drive is simple. Just follow the steps listed below. 1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar or the Start menu. Alternatively, you can use the Windows Key + E...
  4. Unable to map NAS on router

Unable to map NAS on router: Hello my first post with a problem that should be simple. I am not very network savvy. Two HDDs attached to a TP link Archer C9 router. A newly built desktop running Win 10 Pro v 1909 build 18363.592. My old, now failed win 7 PC mapped to the drives easily. I have followed...
  5. Unable to map NAS on router

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to map NAS on router: Hello my first post with a problem that should be simple. I am not very network savvy. Two HDDs attached to a TP link Archer C9 router. A newly built desktop running Win 10 Pro v 1909 build 18363.592. My old, now failed win 7 PC mapped to the drives easily. I have followed...
  6. Can't migrate from Linksys E1200 router to E5400

Can't migrate from Linksys E1200 router to E5400: I have a non-wireless self-built Win 10 1903 tower computer with an ASUS B85M-E (no wireless) motherboard connected to a Cisco/Linksys E1200 modem-router that uses PPPoE to a cable modem connecting to the Web via fiber, which works mostly OK, but want to replace the E1200...
  7. Setting up NAS on Linksys router

Setting up NAS on Linksys router: Just recently replaced my old Linksys EA6400 router with a new EA8300 router, and going through the config screens, I saw one where I could set up a NAS using a USB stick. So, I inserted a 64GB USB3 stick into the router, formatted it, and created folders on it. The Linksys...
  8. Does anyone have the Linksys WRT3200ACM Router?

Does anyone have the Linksys WRT3200ACM Router?: The reason I ask is because last year, I had the 1900AC, and the front LED lights started going dim, so they replaced it and gave me a free upgrade to the 1900ACS. Well, the same thing has happened, and now they are giving me another replacement and upgrading me to the...
  9. Cannot login my Linksys router with Tomato WRTGL54 1.1

Cannot login my Linksys router with Tomato WRTGL54 1.1: I updraded to windows 10 and I love it! I think its much better then windows 8, what I never liked it before. So I mod my windows 10 to my taste and I try to login my Linksys router and this error sign came: Secure Connection Failed An error occurred while connection to...
  10. Security Advisory for Linksys Smart Wi-Fi series of routers

in Windows 10 News
    Security Advisory for Linksys Smart Wi-Fi series of routers: Overview Linksys was recently notified of some vulnerabilities in our Linksys Smart Wi-Fi series of routers. As we work towards publishing firmware updates, as a temporary fix, we recommend that customers using Guest Networks on any of the affected products below...