Windows 10: can't write to or from a flash drive

Discus and support can't write to or from a flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after recent updates, I can't copy to/from my flash on my pc only , it works on another pc , it's formatted NTFS, I tried many things I changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 42015108, Oct 13, 2018.

1. 42015108 Win User

can't write to or from a flash drive

after recent updates, I can't copy to/from my flash on my pc only , it works on another pc , it's formatted NTFS, I tried many things I changed the registry value and clear attributes from cmd. I checked the permission on my folders and I have full control to write and also the flash , the problem persist and I get answers from this community and nothing worked . now Im in serious problem

:)

42015108, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 13, 2018
  4. can't write to or from a flash drive

USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

can't write to or from a flash drive

1. can't write to or from a flash drive - Similar Threads - can't write flash

2. Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives: I have been trying for several days to remove Write Protect on my Flash Drives.I have been trying the DOS Commands.I tried the DISKPART and none of the disk drives appear. I have also tried Windows 8.1, with the same results, but would like to stay on Windows 10.There are no...
  3. Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives: I have been trying for several days to remove Write Protect on my Flash Drives.I have been trying the DOS Commands.I tried the DISKPART and none of the disk drives appear. I have also tried Windows 8.1, with the same results, but would like to stay on Windows 10.There are no...
  4. Flash Drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash Drive is write protected: I have a brand new PNY 256gb flash drive. I started to copy files to it and I got the message that it must be formatted before using it. I tried to format it and after a few minutes, I got the following error message: The disk is write protected. I tried SFC/SCAN file and got...
  5. USB Flash drives write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Flash drives write protected: Recently my four USB flash drives were write protected by Windows 10 Pro. I am using a version 2004. How can I removed the write protection. I have tried the DISKPART, REGEDIT, search the net, but to no help. Can anyone help me on this please. [ATTACH] Thank you Ricky...
  6. Flash Drive is write protected.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flash Drive is write protected.: I was copying files to my flash drive sometime ago, the transfer speed was slow, so I tried the most technical solution ever, I unplugged it then plugged it in, then Windows told me that there was a issue with this flash drive and I should click to fix it. I thought this...
  7. USB Flash drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Flash drive is write protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write protected" error, please? Thanks in advance!...
  8. USB Flash drive is write-protected

USB Flash drive is write-protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write-protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write-protected" error, please? Thanks in advance! Tanzil ***...
  9. write to flash drive

write to flash drive: after recent updates, I can't copy any type of file to any flash drive and there no any error message , I checked to see if I can copy to my phone and it worked but it didn't on flash...
  10. Flash Drive - Write Protected - Format

Flash Drive - Write Protected - Format: I have (3) Microsoft brand 32 GB thumb drives that have Win 8.1 and preload software for my HP laptop, I have no use for them, and I'm certainly not ever going to put Win 8.1 back on my laptop, I spend most of time on my Surface and desktop PC, laptop is a backup device that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant write to flash drive

2. t470s cant write to flash drive

3. cant write to a flash drive

4. cant write to flash