Windows 10: Cap Locks message wont go off

Discus and support Cap Locks message wont go off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Getting a White "Caps Lock is On" box in middle of screen. Wont go away unless I reboot the computer. Have tried several Keyboards. Thanks, Brad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BradHes, Jul 28, 2020.

1. BradHes Win User

Cap Locks message wont go off

Getting a White "Caps Lock is On" box in middle of screen. Wont go away unless I reboot the computer. Have tried several Keyboards.

Thanks, Brad

Cap Locks message wont go off 7a77d0ee-575f-4811-927d-bfd7a89fd1fc?upload=true.jpg

Thanks, Brad

:)

BradHes, Jul 28, 2020

2. Caps Lock on/off message on screen

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because of a new PC purchase. Now I cannot see when I turn on/off Caps Lock. There is a slight beep but this does not work for me. I need to reactivate the caps lock/num lock message on screen. I attempted some of
    the answers in the "Community". I cannot locate a Screen Configurations option anywhere under my Display Settings. Please help. Thank you.

JanetBrownOK, Jul 28, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    My caps lock won t turn off

Hi Sally,

For us to isolate the issue about being unable to turn off Caps lock, kindly respond to the questions below:

• If you press the Caps Lock button on your keyboard, does it turn off the Caps Lock?
    • You mentioned that you are using Word, may we know if the issue is within Word only or the issue persists in using another typing application (i.e. Notepad)?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Cap Locks message wont go off

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Cap Locks message wont go off

1. Cap Locks message wont go off - Similar Threads - Cap Locks message

2. HELP MY CAPS LOCK WONT TURN OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP MY CAPS LOCK WONT TURN OFF: never mind I dont know what happened but now I have to press ctrl shift to turn it off can any of yall help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-caps-lock-wont-turn-off/ea816ddf-e02b-4ffc-ad85-5da4c5789a1f
  3. HELP MY CAPS LOCK WONT TURN OFF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP MY CAPS LOCK WONT TURN OFF: never mind I dont know what happened but now I have to press ctrl shift to turn it off can any of yall help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-caps-lock-wont-turn-off/ea816ddf-e02b-4ffc-ad85-5da4c5789a1f
  4. Caps Lock and Num Lock On/Off notification will not go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock and Num Lock On/Off notification will not go away.: Anytime I hit caps lock or num lock, the the notification pops up see attached screenshot. I've already tried Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use -> toggle keys. It still doesn't work. I'm operating on Windows 11....
  5. Caps Lock and Num Lock On/Off notification will not go away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps Lock and Num Lock On/Off notification will not go away.: Anytime I hit caps lock or num lock, the the notification pops up see attached screenshot. I've already tried Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use -> toggle keys. It still doesn't work. I'm operating on Windows 11....
  6. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  7. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  8. Windows 10 - "Caps Lock is On" message will not go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - "Caps Lock is On" message will not go away: Hi, I am running Windows 10 professional 64 bit on a new Dell XPS-17 laptop. I use it with a Dell WD19TB Thunderbolt Docking Station that connects to the laptop by USB-C. The docking station has an HDMI port, which I have connected to an external monitor. I have the...
  9. Caps Lock on or off

Caps Lock on or off: WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON TO SHOW ON MY SCREEN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-on-or-off/14a27d83-dcd2-441a-8faa-0466a118aa26
  10. Caps Lock on/off message on screen

Caps Lock on/off message on screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because of a new PC purchase. Now I cannot see when I turn on/off Caps Lock. There is a slight beep but this does not work for me. I need to reactivate the caps lock/num lock message on screen. I attempted some of the answers in the...