Windows 10: Capability Access Manager preventing sleep

Discus and support Capability Access Manager preventing sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I'm running Windows 10 version 1809 17763.253, and after a lot of tinkering, found that the Capability Access Manager Service is preventing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DMZamora, Mar 2, 2019.

1. DMZamora Win User

Capability Access Manager preventing sleep

Hello.

I'm running Windows 10 version 1809 17763.253, and after a lot of tinkering, found that the Capability Access Manager Service is preventing my system to enter Sleep mode.

The command powercfg -requests doesn't show anything related to this service.

How could I get rid of this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***

:)

DMZamora, Mar 2, 2019

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 2, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

which processes prevent sleep?

Well there are no obvious processes listed as preventing your system from sleeping. Have you tried leaving your PC on overnight or for several hours to see if it eventually completes any running tasks and finally goes to sleep?

philc43, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Capability Access Manager preventing sleep - Similar Threads - Capability Access Manager

2. Capability Access Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capability Access Manager: I've been having an issue with the Capability Access Manager whenever I record audio with Bluestacks. I've tried reading into this problem online, but I haven't been able to find a solution. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this....
  3. Capability Access Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Capability Access Manager: I've been having an issue with the Capability Access Manager whenever I record audio with Bluestacks. I've tried reading into this problem online, but I haven't been able to find a solution. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this....
  4. Duplicate network adapter in device manager preventing internet access.

Duplicate network adapter in device manager preventing internet access.: I have a duplicate network adapter that show up in device manager preventing internet access. Sometimes I can resolve by a simple restart, but often I have to uninstall the adapter, then restart. Frustrating having to do frequent work-arounds to access internet. Ideas?Edition...
  5. Capability Access Manager Using Up 2gb of Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capability Access Manager Using Up 2gb of Ram: Yesterday my Windows 11 system crashed after capability access manager service was using many Gb's of ram. After reading up on it I disabled the application. Everything seems fine except my Microphone does not work on applications. This looks like it is a memory leak, and yes...
  6. Capability Access Manager Using Up 2gb of Ram

Capability Access Manager Using Up 2gb of Ram: Yesterday my Windows 11 system crashed after capability access manager service was using many Gb's of ram. After reading up on it I disabled the application. Everything seems fine except my Microphone does not work on applications. This looks like it is a memory leak, and yes...
  7. Prevent access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent access: I am removing our domain server. I am looking for a way to prevent staff from accessing files on the server and saving them to local drives. Here is the catch, they still need to be able to access them in VMWare client. Any thoughts on the best way to handle this?...
  8. Prevent access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent access: I am removing our domain server. I am looking for a way to prevent staff from accessing files on the server and saving them to local drives. Here is the catch, they still need to be able to access them in VMWare client. Any thoughts on the best way to handle this?...
  9. Prevent access

10. Capability Access Manager preventing sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Capability Access Manager preventing sleep: Hello. I'm running Windows 10 version 1809 17763.253, and after a lot of tinkering, found that the Capability Access Manager Service is preventing my system to enter Sleep mode. The command powercfg -requests doesn't show anything related to this service. How could I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. capability access manager preventing system sleep