Windows 10: Capitalisation of some words in Mail on Windows 10

Discus and support Capitalisation of some words in Mail on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I think it all started with some of the latest upgrades. Every time I write certain words in an email using the Mail app on Windows 10, their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DiegoPabon, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Capitalisation of some words in Mail on Windows 10

Hi all,

I think it all started with some of the latest upgrades. Every time I write certain words in an email using the Mail app on Windows 10, their first letter automatically changes to make it a capitalised one, in mid-sentence.

The thing is those are words that I commonly use, not sure if I might have activated something by mistake. But this happens as I mentioned mid-sentence and I have to correct the word every time. Usually these are common words such as "will" (that immediately changes to "Will" as in a name).

Any help will be really appreciated as this is annoying as it happens every time.

Thanks in advance

:)

DiegoPabon, Nov 5, 2019

2. Capitalising words

OK I must be missing something obvious but how do I captalise letters in a text message? If I'm at the start of a sentence the first letter of the word is capitalised automatically as expected. What if I want to capitalise letters in the middle of s sentence?

'Jenny jones from bbc america wants to meet...' looks a bit weird when I want to text 'Jenny Jones from BBC America wants to meet...'

Using N3120c

alexirambert, Nov 5, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 SPEECH RECOGNITION , ----PROBLEMS WITH CAPITALISING LETTERS OR WORDS

many thanks for your reply which was definitely very helpful. Up you have explained h-* ow to capitalise all the words in a sentence but what happens if one wants to capitalise only the first letter of a particular word? How does one do this?

neilgellman, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Capitalisation of some words in Mail on Windows 10

WINDOWS 10 SPEECH RECOGNITION , ----PROBLEMS WITH CAPITALISING LETTERS OR WORDS

Hi Neil,

The command to capitalize the first letter of a word is: Caps word. If voice recognition is having a hard time understanding your command, we suggest that you
    train your PC. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Windows Speech Recognition.

• Follow the instructions.

For more commands that you can use, you can check here:
    Windows Speech Recognition commands

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Capitalisation of some words in Mail on Windows 10

1. Capitalisation of some words in Mail on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Capitalisation words Mail

2. Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises first word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises first word: Hi all,I'm using Windows 11. Often, Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises the first word whenever I say something especially in Word, even if it's placed mid-sentence. It's very annoying. I waste loads of time lowercasing words that shouldn't have been capitalised in...
  3. Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises first word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises first word: Hi all,I'm using Windows 11. Often, Windows Voice Access automatically capitalises the first word whenever I say something especially in Word, even if it's placed mid-sentence. It's very annoying. I waste loads of time lowercasing words that shouldn't have been capitalised in...
  4. Auto capitalisation of some words

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto capitalisation of some words: Hello. I've had this problem now for some time. Some of the words I type will be auto-capitalized eventhough I wouldn't want them to be and I cannot turn this "feature" off. The newest addition to this problem is that today when I've typed the word "your" in the email app all...
  5. some can't download window 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some can't download window 10 mail: Some mail can't download or can't open and freeze with window 10 mail app. After freeze this mail all other mail can't open too. So exit mail app and reinter mail app then other mail can open but can't open same mail. My mail account is hotmail.com. Also if I use...
  6. shift to capitalise

shift to capitalise: first of all im sorry for the lack of capital letters and proper punctuation. I own dell inspiration 13,500 series with windows 10 and my laptop is only 2 years old, no damage or dropping incidents, just for study and research, no gaming either. recently my parents...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app wrongly corrects words

Windows 10 Mail app wrongly corrects words: Whenever I write "wollen" in my Emails a regular german word, it is corrected to "woollen", which is absolutely wrong. Where can I fix this? Highlighting of "wrong" words or the like also happens but I don't care, I just want it to stop messing up my perfectly good German....
  8. Outlook Mail in Word 365

Outlook Mail in Word 365: RE OUTLOOK MAIL IN WORD 365 I am not receiving mail in my account. I can send but not receive. Have I missed something- a setting maybe. Can anyone advise? thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-in-word-365/80ddae3d-5a21-4970-b2e8-964cc6359225
  9. Auto-Capitalisation

Auto-Capitalisation: Hello, I am trying to find a way to turn on auto caps for windows 10, speciafically for online, so every browser will auto cap the first word of each sentance. There doesnt seem to be an answer anywhere on here....
  10. Word 365. Mail Merge

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Word 365. Mail Merge: G'day, When I open a new document in Word 365. I cannot see the Mail Merge Tab. Please could somebody tell me where I can find it. Cheers Perry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-365-mail-merge/ed02237b-9cbc-4a46-9683-1203faa32d7a"