Windows 10: Capped at 60 FPS

Discus and support Capped at 60 FPS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello so recently when I play Fortnite, I get 60 fps straight. I've tried changing the in game settings and all, but still, I get 59 -60 fps. Could it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SomaticBull65, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Capped at 60 FPS

Hello so recently when I play Fortnite, I get 60 fps straight. I've tried changing the in game settings and all, but still, I get 59 -60 fps. Could it be a problem with Windows?

:)

SomaticBull65, Aug 17, 2021

2. Game FPS capped at 60

Assuming you don't have Vsync enabled, and assuming Geforce experience or something has not upped your in game graphic settings, check game mode to ensure you aren't recording in the background.

You aren't talking about FPS while Game DVR (recording in the background) is enabled, right? Note in that scenario , video FPS are default 30, max 60 as "high quality video capture may impact the quality of your game".

Capped at 60 FPS [​IMG]

specialkone, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Fps is capped

Apparently there is a problem with my xbox app, for some odd reason my fps is capped at 60. I've turned off vsync in NVidia but I still get 60 fps. I searched on google to try to fix this problem but they all say to turn off gamedvr on xbox but I cant do
    that because my xbox gamedvr settings look like this. I need help to remove the 60 fps cap. Thanks

Capped at 60 FPS [​IMG]

thurtalzilla, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Capped at 60 FPS

All games are capped at 60 fps after Windows 10 Update

After the latest windows 10 update. All games seem to be capped at 60 fps when before the update I got well over 80 fps. I DO NOT have vsync enabled nor do I have Game DVR enabled. I looked all over online and have received no help. Any suggestions?

JesusVelarde1, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Capped at 60 FPS

1. Capped at 60 FPS - Similar Threads - Capped FPS

2. 1 FPS Cap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 FPS Cap: Hi I’ve been having this issue for a while now where my FPS is capped at 1 on certain apps. Another thing is, when I minimise the app, the FPS goes back to normal.Things I’ve tried:Resetting PC resetting everythingSystem restoresDDUUpdated ALL drivers chipset, processor...
  3. 1 FPS Cap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 FPS Cap: Hi I’ve been having this issue for a while now where my FPS is capped at 1 on certain apps. Another thing is, when I minimise the app, the FPS goes back to normal.Things I’ve tried:Resetting PC resetting everythingSystem restoresDDUUpdated ALL drivers chipset, processor...
  4. 1 FPS Cap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Capped at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capped at 60 FPS: Hello so recently when I play Fortnite, I get 60 fps straight. I've tried changing the in game settings and all, but still, I get 59 -60 fps. Could it be a problem with Windows?...
  6. fps cap with in game limiter, RTSS and Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fps cap with in game limiter, RTSS and Nvidia control panel: Hi ,I have 2 questions 1.can limiting fps hurt a gpu?i know its a silly question but i need to prove it to someone 2.which one of frame limit options is better ? i usually use RTSS or in game limiter if exists but one time i used Nvidia frame limiter in control panel and i...
  7. Cloning Monitors Cap FPS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning Monitors Cap FPS: This is a very common issue with dual pc setups but I have noticed that some of my friends can clone their monitors and still play the games that cap to 60fps, just fine at over 60fps. While if I try it caps at 60fps... Why is this? submitted by /u/TheSuperiorWes [link]...
  8. I want to trim my videos in a folder, but videos are capped at 30 fps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to trim my videos in a folder, but videos are capped at 30 fps.: When i play games, I use Nvidia shadowplay to save 2 minutes and 30 seconds of what just happened in 60 fps. Sometimes this is to much, and i just want to trim the video down to say 30 seconds. When i do that in the standard video editior in the Film & TV app, it caps the...
  9. All full screen applications being capped at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All full screen applications being capped at 60 FPS: Here is what I've done: - Disabled GameDVR(both in the settings menu and registry editor) - Disabled Full screen optimizations on exes - Made sure vsync was on in GPU settings as well as ingame settings - Updated all drivers - Made sure I was using the newest version of...
  10. All my fullscreen games are capped at 60 fps and ive tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my fullscreen games are capped at 60 fps and ive tried everything: After the windows update my games keep on being capped to 60 fps and i cant do anything to it. ive tried turning off game bar and game dvr in settings and in registry editor and nothing works....