Windows 10: caps lock activates using shift

Discus and support caps lock activates using shift in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; for some reason I have to hold shift and press capslk in order to have capslk activated. I do not want that and I don't know how it was activated but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuperBlackFlame, Dec 20, 2019.

1. caps lock activates using shift

for some reason I have to hold shift and press capslk in order to have capslk activated. I do not want that and I don't know how it was activated but I want disabled.

thanks

:)

SuperBlackFlame, Dec 20, 2019

2. pressing shift turns on caps lock

typing in all lowercase because this is incredibly frustrating. whenever i press shift, the caps lock is turned on. i have windows 10, and this started happening after installing the most recent update this morning - today is 12/6/2015. yes, sticky
    keys and filter keys are disabled. when shift is pressed, the light actually comes on for the caps lock button, so i think somehow the shift function was replaced by the caps lock function. i have tried using the regedit fix to disable the caps lock button.
    this caused the caps lock button to no longer work, which was expected, although the shift key still turns caps lock on.

tatonkaman, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Nadgedge Win User

caps lock activates using shift

How to release caps lock with shift key in windows10

Hi ,

2 reasons:

- Windows 95 defaults were different: SHIFT was the defaults back then when I learnt how to type, and it s been 20 years I am using SHIFT, not easy to move to CAPS LOCKS now caps lock activates using shift :)

- Also, if you use SHIFT, whether or not you already have CAPS LOCKED, you're sure to go back to lower case - can't say the same using CAPS LOCK key caps lock activates using shift ;)

Nadgedge, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

caps lock activates using shift

1. caps lock activates using shift - Similar Threads - caps lock activates

2. how to activate caps lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to activate caps lock: how to activate caps lock in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-caps-lock/e2ff7bed-9abc-476b-a25d-5f60f93bfe94
  3. Changing Caps Lock to Behave Like Shift Lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Caps Lock to Behave Like Shift Lock: Is there any way to change the behavior of caps lock on Windows 11 to behave like a shift lock key? To be more specific, I would like to be able to not only type capital letters LIKE THIS but also special characters !@{} by using the caps lock key. I am NOT asking about...
  4. Changing Caps Lock to Behave Like Shift Lock

Changing Caps Lock to Behave Like Shift Lock: Is there any way to change the behavior of caps lock on Windows 11 to behave like a shift lock key? To be more specific, I would like to be able to not only type capital letters LIKE THIS but also special characters !@{} by using the caps lock key. I am NOT asking about...
  5. Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working: I've been having this problem since about a week ago. The left Shift, Caps Lock & the F3 keys stop working randomly, I press any of them several times, they appear to be fine, and then one minute later they stop working again. It appears to be only those three keys that have...
  6. Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working: I've been having this problem since about a week ago. The left Shift, Caps Lock & the F3 keys stop working randomly, I press any of them several times, they appear to be fine, and then one minute later they stop working again. It appears to be only those three keys that have...
  7. Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working

8. CAPS LOCK AND RIGHT SHIFT KEY NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CAPS LOCK AND RIGHT SHIFT KEY NOT WORKING: Since day before yesterday, my left shift key and caps lock key are not working. Theright shift key and the On-Screen Keyboard works but that is not helpful as now I cannot type fast. I know that there aremany similar topics on the internet but they are of no help to me. I am...
  9. Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working: I don't know when these keys stop working properly, but i suspect it's Epic Games causing the problem, as before that all keys are working. Before that only the E key has some slight problem due to I sometimes press E too hard while playing Minecraft. But for the keys that...
  10. Caps lock can only be toggled by shift

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps lock can only be toggled by shift: As the title says, the Caps lock light turns on and off, but only pressing shift actually changes whether it's on or off. Tried changing the setting in advanced key settings and it did not work. submitted by /u/MrBoo843 [link] [comments]...