Windows 10: caps lock and num lock lights do not come on when selected

Discus and support caps lock and num lock lights do not come on when selected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why won't the caps light and num lock key light up when selected can I reset something to get the lights back functioning?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RussJester, Jul 13, 2019.

1. caps lock and num lock lights do not come on when selected

why won't the caps light and num lock key light up when selected

can I reset something to get the lights back functioning?

:)

RussJester, Jul 13, 2019

2. Caps Lock and Num Lock lights

Caps Lock and Num Lock lights no longer work after Win 10 upgrade from Win 7

There is no problem with the functionality of the keys - but indicator lights do not work causing major problems. There are many references to this as a problem in Win 10, but nothing to suggest a solution. Given this issue seems to have been present for
    nearly 12 months (beta versions of Win 10?) it is strange that there is no solution available yet. The WiFi indicator light works fine - for what its worth.

HPG72 - Windows 10

Regards,

Barrie

BarrieMcKinnon, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function

Hi

I looked but I can't find a Shift Key Radio Button anyplace, nor Advanced Key Settings, when I run a search it just tells me there is no such thing.

I did learn that I can set it so that it plays a tone whenever I push the Cap Lock Key, I never knew that before.

caps lock and num lock lights do not come on when selected [​IMG]

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Jul 13, 2019
  4. badrobot Win User

caps lock and num lock lights do not come on when selected

Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function

I took a hint from another forum and the lights actually work on Safe Mode.

badrobot, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

caps lock and num lock lights do not come on when selected

1. caps lock and num lock lights do not come on when selected - Similar Threads - caps lock num

2. Caps Lock/Num Lock pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock/Num Lock pop up: Hi, my name's Hudson and I've recently been getting this notification or pop up on my computer whenever I press the Caps lock or Num lock keys. this problem started today, and I've tried every tutorial and guide I've seen on how to fix it and none of them have worked, and...
  3. Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward: Hi there! My Num Lock and Caps Lock keys have the indicator backwards - the light is on when they are not active I can type in sentence case and use the number pad and the light is off when I can't use the numbers or am typing in all caps. I've restarted a few times and...
  4. Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward: Hi there! My Num Lock and Caps Lock keys have the indicator backwards - the light is on when they are not active I can type in sentence case and use the number pad and the light is off when I can't use the numbers or am typing in all caps. I've restarted a few times and...
  5. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  6. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  7. caps lock num lock indicators disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    caps lock num lock indicators disappear: Hi,My laptop’s native cap locks num lock indicators won’t show any more.I tried almost all sorts of fixes that I’ve found online, yet of no avail.When I reset Windows 10, they come back but stop functioning right after some of the updates are done.Any ideas ?...
  8. An issue with num lock and caps lock.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An issue with num lock and caps lock.: I think this is the right place to putt this, but whenever I press caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock, it shows the icon on the screen. I've had this computer (Acer Nitro 5) for a year, and it's always done it. When I play a game and a button is mapped to caps lock, it gets...
  9. Caps lock light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock light: I've noticed my caps lock light is on if I press one letter it would either be caps or lower case. But I do not know how to not have the light on. If I press the caps button it would get a little darker and when I take my finer off the key it would go back to the light. My...
  10. Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function: Hello! Since the most recent build of W-10 (9879), my caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock lights do not function on either computer on which I have W-10 installed (a desktop with a USB keyboard and a laptop with an integrated keyboard). The keys still work to correctly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The Num Lock light does not come on