Windows 10: Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

Discus and support Caps lock and num lock on screen notification in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnDrozda, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have the boxes to turn this off like every one else. is there anything I can do or did I just buy a 1200$ netflix player?

:)

JohnDrozda, Jan 29, 2022
  2. sinroto Win User

Caps Lock / Num Lock On-Screen Status

Whenever I press caps lock and num lock it shows an on-screen image showing if its on or off. I use caps lock very frequently and would like to know if theres any way to disable this.

sinroto, Jan 29, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 29, 2022
  4. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

How to disable Caps Lock/ Num Lock notification Windows 10?

Caps lock and/or num lock icons displaying permanently on Lenovo laptop screen

I have a Lenovo E530c laptop running on Windows 10. I was experiencing the same problem as many users, judging from the number of on line queries and posts, with the caps lock and/or num lock icons staying permanently on at the bottom centre of the screen (black boxes containing either a white numeral one or a capital letter A).

Several posts suggested going to Control Panel, and clicking on “Display,” then clicking on the “Show the indicator for a few seconds” option. This disables the “Always show the indicator” option that was apparently the root of the problem. I tried this to discover that there was no “Display” option under “Control Panel” on my machine.

I eventually clicked on “Settings”, which resulted in a menu with a “Display” option. I clicked on the “display adapter properties” link at the very bottom of this page, which led to a series of tabs, one of which is “screen configurations”. This where I found the caps/numlock display options mentioned above.

So if your machine doesn’t have a “Display” heading under Control Panel (like mine) the solution is:

• Click on the “search” icon at the bottom left of the screen
    • Type in “Control panel” (both words)
    • Click on “Settings”
    • Click on “Display”
    • Click on “Display adapter settings” at the bottom of the screen
    • Click on the “Screen configurations” tab
    • Click on the “Show the indicator for a few seconds"

Reginald Ellis, Jan 29, 2022
Thema:

Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

1. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification - Similar Threads - Caps lock num

2. Caps lock notification on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock notification on screen: Whenever I press any of the lock buttons caps, number... etc a notification appears on screen, this has suddenly started to happen and I have followed all the steps to turn this off via display or keyboard settingsHow can I turn this off??...
  3. Caps lock notification on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock notification on screen: Whenever I press any of the lock buttons caps, number... etc a notification appears on screen, this has suddenly started to happen and I have followed all the steps to turn this off via display or keyboard settingsHow can I turn this off??...
  4. Caps Lock and Num Lock On/Off notification will not go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock and Num Lock On/Off notification will not go away.: Anytime I hit caps lock or num lock, the the notification pops up see attached screenshot. I've already tried Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use -> toggle keys. It still doesn't work. I'm operating on Windows 11....
  5. Caps Lock and Num Lock On/Off notification will not go away.

Caps Lock and Num Lock On/Off notification will not go away.: Anytime I hit caps lock or num lock, the the notification pops up see attached screenshot. I've already tried Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use -> toggle keys. It still doesn't work. I'm operating on Windows 11....
  6. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  7. How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock: I can not find where in the setting to turn off this notifcation. everytime i hit caps lock it alt tabs my games and it really annoying. Please help...
  8. How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock

How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock: I can not find where in the setting to turn off this notifcation. everytime i hit caps lock it alt tabs my games and it really annoying. Please help...
  9. On Screen Caps Lock and Num Lock notifications : Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    On Screen Caps Lock and Num Lock notifications : Windows 10: Hello everyone, I have 2 questions please : 1. How do I get the on-screen CapsLock and NumLock notifications to work again ? Background : When I first had my laptop in 2018an on-screen icon would pop up when I turned on/ off CapsLock. This was part of normal Windows 10same...
  10. An issue with num lock and caps lock.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An issue with num lock and caps lock.: I think this is the right place to putt this, but whenever I press caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock, it shows the icon on the screen. I've had this computer (Acer Nitro 5) for a year, and it's always done it. When I play a game and a button is mapped to caps lock, it gets...