Windows 10: Caps Lock behavior setting

Discus and support Caps Lock behavior setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Once ukpon a time, It was possible to make Caps Lock behave as on a typewriter, i.e. it was possible to set it in the way it could be turned off by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomValusek, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Caps Lock behavior setting

Once ukpon a time, It was possible to make Caps Lock behave as on a typewriter, i.e. it was possible to set it in the way it could be turned off by pressing a shift key. I'm still using this settings, but since the corresponding dialog box was removed from Win10, I can no longer reset Caps Lock behavior to its factory default, when it is toggled on and off only by pressing Casp Lock key.

Can you help me to restore factory default Caps Lock behavior? Thank you

:)

TomValusek, Jul 18, 2019

2. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Caps Lock behavior setting

Unable to take caps off at login screen only

Thank you for your response.

Method 1: Tap on Shift key.

The alternate to Caps Lock key is the Shift
    key which might be causing this issue. In the login page, press and hold the Shift key for 8 seconds and then try to enter the password. This option will turn off the Caps lock key
    behavior.

Method 2: Change the Cap lock key settings.

This behavior can occur when the option Shift key is selected to turn on the Caps lock key. To change these settings, follow the steps given below:

1. Go to Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Devices.
    3. Now, click on the Typing on the left plane.
    4. Scroll down and click on Advance Keyboard Settings in the right pane.
    5. Click on Language bar Options.
    6. Click on Advanced key tab.
    7. Select the option: Press the CAP’s lock.
    8. Click on Apply and Ok. Now, lock the system and try to sign in again.

We await your response.

Regards,

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Caps Lock behavior setting

1. Caps Lock behavior setting - Similar Threads - Caps Lock behavior

2. MS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior: Please give us an option under windows settings to change the behavior for these 4 buttons to a proper behavior, which is this:Pressing Caps Lock button turns it Off, and pressing it again don't turn it On.Pressing Insert button turns it Off, and pressing it again don't turn...
  3. caps lock

caps lock: how can i turn off the caps lock visual notification on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock/2f141897-bd01-4568-9f21-618f065fee2c
  4. .Cap lock on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .Cap lock on: After update Cap button doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cap-lock-on/d4d4cd06-71e0-4f34-b031-ef3c9053b168
  5. CAPS LOCK

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CAPS LOCK: HEY GUYS MY CAPS LOCK IS LOCKED AND I CANT TYPE IN LOWERCASE UNLESS I PRESS SHIT AND CAPS LOCK AT THE SAME TIME BUT THEN IM LOCKED IN LOWERCASE. COULD U GUYS HELP ME FIX THIS PLEASEEEE ITS ANNOYING AND I MUST WORK submitted by /u/L9Darkaparition [link] [comments]...
  6. Can Windows Abnormal Caps Lock Behavior be Disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can Windows Abnormal Caps Lock Behavior be Disabled: For decades, this has been a wrench in the works for me and after exhaustive searching on the Internet, I have found no solution. As noted in Wikipedia, Depending on the keyboard layout used, the Shift key, when pressed in combination with a Latin-based letter button while...
  7. Caps lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps lock: Hi! My problem is that when i turn my caps lock on some letters are big some aren't , like this: HeLLO! I WaNT tO tALK AbOUT SoMeTHIng. i don't know why is like that and i don't know how to fix it....
  8. CAPS LOCK

CAPS LOCK: CAPSLOCK STUCK ON EVEN WHEN KEY SAYS IT IS DISABLED WHEN IN WORD DOCUMENT Able to use normal small case otherwise so not my key board. Any ideas? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock/243a3c52-5759-4e85-ae6a-086683d94bec
  9. Caps lock

Caps lock: My new keyboard does not have an LED to indicate caps lock and nothing on the screen shows the status. How can I get a notification on the screen to show caps lock status? I don't have sound turned on because I don't want to disturb my disabled wife....
  10. CAPS LOCK

CAPS LOCK: 9/12/18 When prompted, the indicator light goes on. But it doesn’t work. In Windows 10, how do I activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/caps-lock/bf94491d-c07f-468d-834f-158ceb8fc8aa

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Disable caps lock notifications Win10