Windows 10: Caps Lock delays typing

Discus and support Caps Lock delays typing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I often turn CAPS LOCK on and off while typing. When I do so, I get a pop-up that lasts for 3 seconds showing a graphic of upper or lower case letters:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wvbirdman, Feb 11, 2019.

1. wvbirdman Win User

Caps Lock delays typing

I often turn CAPS LOCK on and off while typing. When I do so, I get a pop-up that lasts for 3 seconds showing a graphic of upper or lower case letters:

Caps Lock delays typing [​IMG]

Often, when I turn CAPS LOCK on, the keyboard is disabled for the 3 seconds that the graphic is on-screen. I should wait before resuming typing; but I always forget and must backtrack and correct it. The problem does not happen every time I turn on CAPS LOCK, only if it has been several minutes since I last turned it on. However the graphic appears every time I press CAPS LOCK.

I think that some time in the past I may have downloaded one or more apps to assist with CAPS LOCK indication, found them unsuitable, and removed them; but I cannot remember any names. Nothing in Control Panel/Programs and Features seems likely to be involved.

Any help is appreciated, it's driving me crazy.

Thanks

:)

wvbirdman, Feb 11, 2019

2. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 11, 2019
  3. relwood Win User
    Disable Cap Locks

I want to disable CAP LOCK in windows can somebody give me step by step instructions

relwood, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Caps Lock delays typing

Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Caps Lock delays typing

1. Caps Lock delays typing - Similar Threads - Caps Lock delays

2. Display of "Caps lock" while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display of "Caps lock" while typing: Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort penible.J'ai chercher dans tout les coins des paramettres mais rien de semblable à l'option qui permettait cela sur windows 10....
  3. Display of "Caps lock" while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display of "Caps lock" while typing: Bonjour,Je suis sous Windows 11 et des que je j'appuis sur "Ver Maj" un pop up m'indiquant son activation/desactivation apparait ce qui est fort penible.J'ai chercher dans tout les coins des paramettres mais rien de semblable à l'option qui permettait cela sur windows 10....
  4. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  5. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing in all caps with caps lock off: This is really bizarre. The caps lock is on in one document only. This problem is not in my other Word documents. I tried pasting the information into a new doc and it stays on caps lock. I tried closing it and reopening it. I tried pasting it into a doc that is working...
  6. typing in all caps with caps lock off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Caps lock inverted and can't type numbers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps lock inverted and can't type numbers: Went to login to my laptop and the caps lock is inverted on both the laptop keyboard and my personal keyboard and I can only type symbols and the number pad doesn't type numbers. submitted by /u/LOLDude1295 [link] [comments]...
  8. Typing delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing delay: When I type a sentence and then I have to wait few seconds to get all the words. All other functions works fine and my computer is not slow for sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-delay/bea90a26-0835-41c3-bdcc-b5d1f034d417
  9. Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delay in shutdown Caps Lock in Windows 10: Hello, Caps Lock is on, When I press the Caps Lock button on the keyboard to turn off it, I have a delay (more than one minute) in shutdown Caps Lock. ( Caps Lock turn off a one-minute later) Is this a hardware or software problem? Thanks...
  10. caps lock makes numbers type symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    caps lock makes numbers type symbols: when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2, it will appear as @....