Windows 10: Caps Lock key is inverted can't fix it

Discus and support Caps Lock key is inverted can't fix it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just got a Razer Blade mid 2019 and the caps lock key is inverted. When it powers on the caps lock key powers on too and turning it off enables caps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fantastic_Soil, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Caps Lock key is inverted can't fix it

Just got a Razer Blade mid 2019 and the caps lock key is inverted. When it powers on the caps lock key powers on too and turning it off enables caps instead of lower case. I even factory reset the laptop to reinstall the OS to see if that would help but it didn't. The caps lock light stayed on the entire time.

I've tried everything on the internet to fix it. I've tried tHANKS on Word, holding down both SHIFT buttons, SHIFT + CAPS, CTRL, SHIFT, CAPS and that didn't work either. I also ran the virtual keyboard to see if any key was blue (stuck permanently) and no key was stuck.

Running out of options and ideas here if anyone has any other fixes please post

THANKS!!!

EDIT: Im on Windows 10

submitted by /u/Fantastic_Soil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fantastic_Soil, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10

Yep me!!!!*Redface

Note: The original PNGs I found on Bing Images, but artist name wasn't given, I did alot of modifying in GIMP and iconified them myself though.

But....
    Shawn you know how I like personalizing dry things like .bat, .vbs, and .reg file, right?

1. Well I created a folder for both reg files, and placed it in my Documents folder.
    2. Then I created shortcuts to the desktop(using "Send to").
    3. I placed the shortcuts in a folder on the desktop.
    4. Then I customized the folder icon, and the reg file shortcuts(you cannot change the actual reg files icon, hence the shortcuts).
    I did this so that I could run both files as needed from the desktop toolbar.

Caps Lock key is inverted can't fix it [​IMG]

Caps Lock off icon.ico

Caps Lock on icon.ico

Cliff S, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Nov 15, 2019
  4. ttsoldier Win User

Caps Lock key is inverted can't fix it

Windows 10 Caps Lock light

Strangely enough, since updating to 9879, the caps lock light on my keyboard does not work.

I know it may seem small but it is really annoying not knowing when caps is on or not. My keyboard is backlit and the keys light up fine but the light on the capslock key does not.

I'm dualing booting with Windows 8.1 and if I switch back to 8.1, the caps lock button light works fine, so I know the light it self is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ttsoldier, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Caps Lock key is inverted can't fix it

1. Caps Lock key is inverted can't fix it - Similar Threads - Caps Lock key

2. Problem With Cap Locks Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem With Cap Locks Key: I have been currently experiencing problems with the Cap Locks key on my laptop HP 255 G7 Notebook for maybe over a month or so and I really need help with fixing it. It started when out of nowhere my Cap Locks key would just turn on or off by itself like if someone was just...
  3. Problem With Cap Locks Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem With Cap Locks Key: I have been currently experiencing problems with the Cap Locks key on my laptop HP 255 G7 Notebook for maybe over a month or so and I really need help with fixing it. It started when out of nowhere my Cap Locks key would just turn on or off by itself like if someone was just...
  4. caps lock key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    caps lock key: Hi, after win 11 pro update the visual mode of my caps lock and num lock keypad doesn't work, i tried everything again but it doesn't work. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-key/9272a23b-a780-4442-abd3-c66017b299b6
  5. caps lock key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caps lock key: Hi, after win 11 pro update the visual mode of my caps lock and num lock keypad doesn't work, i tried everything again but it doesn't work. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-key/9272a23b-a780-4442-abd3-c66017b299b6
  6. caps lock key inverted

in Windows 10 Customization
    caps lock key inverted: when i have caps lock off for some reason I type like this: I TYPE UPPERCASE>in addition when i click on a number or symbol that can type a different symbol i type the symbol or other symbol>thats period...
  7. Caps lock inverted and can't type numbers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps lock inverted and can't type numbers: Went to login to my laptop and the caps lock is inverted on both the laptop keyboard and my personal keyboard and I can only type symbols and the number pad doesn't type numbers. submitted by /u/LOLDude1295 [link] [comments]...
  8. Problem with Caps Lock key

Problem with Caps Lock key: Hello I bought a wireless Logitech K800 Keyboard and I use Windows 10 Pro 64 bits 1) It seems the Caps lock does not work (and the Nums lock key neither ! Is the re a wa y to fix it ? 2) Contrary to the "old" keyboards, there is no visual indicator of the status of these...
  9. Caps Lock key

Caps Lock key: My caps lock key isn't working when pressed. It's a Laptop and I've attached an external keyboard and it doesn't work on there either. Things I've tried: 1 re-writing the registry for caps lock by forcing it off and then back on. 2 re-map the key to another key still...
  10. Caps Lock Key

Caps Lock Key: HI, my caps lock key on my laptop is acting strange. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't work in Word, but does on the internet, but I can't turn it off. I plugged in another keyboard into my laptop, and it still didn't work, so it's not a problem with the...